Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

MAcarbon Steering Wheel Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 05:43 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
It has been a busy Thursday. We shipped out 4 wheels to customers...Here are some pics and specs of the wheels we shipped today.

Enjoy, and visit our online wheel configurator to design your dream wheel
MAcarbon Wheel Configurator

Audi R8 wheel
-Thicker by 5mm
-Grey suede with black stitching
-Red suede 12 o'clock ring
-Carbon center airbag surround

Ferrari 355 wheel
-Thicker by 5mm
-Carbon top and bottom
-Yellow 12 o'clock ring
-Yellow stitching
-Black suede grips and hub

Porsche 997.2 wheel
-Thicker by 5mm
-Black suede with black stitching
-Carbon center airbag surround

Audi R8 wheel
-Thicker by 5mm
-Black suede grips
-Black leather bottom and top with white stitching
-carbon 12 o'clock ring

Old 10-07-2010, 05:47 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I would love to do my cars steering wheel in the future, lets say the SLK55 steering wheel I want it in thicker 5mm leather with perforated leather edges, red stitching and the red line on the top, does thickness of the leather depend from wheel to wheel ?

Old 10-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Quick question, if I want the thicker steering wheel for a Murcielago.

Do I send you my existing steering wheel and you modify it there in the US?

What is the charge of $1200 for the Base Wheel for?

Edit: Wow Mo, you and I think alike. We saw and posted similar ideas almost simultaneously

Old 10-07-2010, 05:52 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S

Edit: Wow Mo, you and I think alike. We saw and posted similar ideas almost simultaneously
Great minds think a like my friend, yeah I am bothered by the thin steering wheel I have on my car.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:56 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S

We have core wheels that we can use, so that the customer is never without a wheel on his/her car. You send us your old wheel after your recieve ours.

The $1,200 is for new leather/suede, stitching and thickening of wheel. You can then choose to add other options

The answers to your questions are above, please let me know if you need have any other questions.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:57 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Great minds think a like my friend, yeah I am bothered by the thin steering wheel I have on my car.
The stock Murci steering wheel is very thin!

Old 10-07-2010, 06:00 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I would love to do my cars steering wheel in the future, lets say the SLK55 steering wheel I want it in thicker 5mm leather with perforated leather edges, red stitching and the red line on the top, does thickness of the leather depend from wheel to wheel ?
The thickness of the leather doesn't really change, but we do add a layer of hard foam to make the wheels thicker if that is wanted. The Mercedes wheels are pretty thick from the factory, so we usually don't ad any thickness to them, but we could do it.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
very sexy

Old 10-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Would you do a leather 997.2 wheel with carbon top, carbon paddles and thicker full alcantara? How much thicker do we talk about? I have a TechArt thicker wheel, how can you compare the thickness of your wheels vs TechArt?

Thanks!

Old 10-08-2010, 03:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I alway felt that the steering wheel feel in my 997TT.1 was bit thin, it should have been a bit thicker. Can it be done for 997TT.1 with multifunction steering with triptronic shifts?

Quick Reply: MAcarbon Steering Wheel Thread