Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Which headers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Which headers?

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to change the headers on my 997tt, it has modded VTG's with plenty of other stuff, but i'm in need of a better throttle response with better spool while not losing at high rpm. I did some research and got 3 brands which seems to be the top 3; GMG - AWE - Switzer .

Which one would you recommend more and why? I'd be glad to hear your personal opinions and experiences.

Thanks,

Old 04-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud of
I'm suprised during your research you never came across positive feedback about scargo. It's what i use on my evoms gt700 96t

Old 04-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Did you ever consider going with a Sachs racing clutch with a light weight flywheel?? A Sachs stage II would be awesome. I have one and my throttle response is off the hook. You may want to check it out.

Last edited by Barrister; 04-08-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Barrister
Did you ever consider going with a Sachs racing clutch with a light weight flywheel?? A Sachs stage II would be awesome. I have one and my throttle response is off the hook. You may want to check it out.
My car is a tip

Old 04-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I think most of good headers will offer same gains...I would go for Swizter...proven 15hp gain...

Did u get your TCU done by FVD ???

Old 04-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
my friend will try the switzer, I am sure they are just as good as others, but trying different brands would be better I think. What is TCU by the way?

Old 04-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant future
I would go with the AWE Setup. They provide a quality proven product with a name and reputation that everyone knows....

We have not installed a set yet but i have heard from a few customers on the East Coast who really love the much improved throttle response and spooling.

PM me for special pricing

Old 04-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PM Sent

Old 04-09-2009, 02:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by salihbjk
My car is a tip
Ouch!

Old 04-09-2009, 03:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Alex, based on the graph you posted there is no difference in spool.

Salih, a TCU stands for transmission control unit. A reflash would result in quicker shifts.

Quick Reply: Which headers?