Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Help please...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 03:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Question Help please...

Help needed!!!

I have an issue with my GrayTT and the dealer here cannot seem to get there hands on it…

I have a knocking sound coming from the front and the back whenever I use my breaks. Say I am in N and change it into D and have it roll for a few feet, now as soon as I apply the brakes I hear the knock (as if something is loose and moved due to the forces developed by brakes). Now if I roll forward again the sound almost never repeats, but if I change the direction and place the transmetion into R and have it rolls, the knock is back.

The dealer changed the spring kit, lubed and adjusted a few things, and replaced the pads yet the problem persists.

Any thoughts?

Old 04-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Gaming Guru
cleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond repute
Obviously a tech knows more than me but from my racing (MX) days it could be:

The shocks topping out? Maybe the rebound damping is shot?

Rotors? Hubs?

But I bet one of the shops on here could offer a pretty good idea what it is

Old 04-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cleanme
Obviously a tech knows more than me but from my racing (MX) days it could be:

The shocks topping out? Maybe the rebound damping is shot?

Rotors? Hubs?

But I bet one of the shops on here could offer a pretty good idea what it is
thank bro
i am trying to build a list of checks that i will pass on to my dealer

Old 04-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond repute
my friend had the same problem but he drives a Mini. His control arm bushings had worn out. tell them to check all the bushings and anything that basically wears out over time.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
maybe she is jealous you bought a new car ?

sorry graytt, but i really cant help on this one

hope you get to fix it though

Old 04-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
I know this probably wont help... But did you look under the seat, or Trunk?

I had a Glass Bottle under my passenger seat, and whenever I would brake, it would hit the metal supports, and "clunk". When I accelerated, nothing *was hitting a piece of rubber. Drove me Crazy trying to figure it out (Checked the Coilovers & adjusted, Air Pressure in Tires/Alignment, Motor Mounts, Trans mount etc.) ... Went like a month before I was finally cleaning out the car and found the bottle.

Last edited by Fuel&Fire; 04-02-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Surgeon
TT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud of
Sounds like your front thrust bushing, replace em with some gmg solids.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Bonita
maybe she is jealous you bought a new car ?

sorry graytt, but i really cant help on this one

hope you get to fix it though
they did not meet; so TT does not know about Scudi yet..

Originally Posted by Fuel&Fire
I know this probably wont help... But did you look under the seat, or Trunk?

I had a Glass Bottle under my passenger seat, and whenever I would brake, it would hit the metal supports, and "clunk". When I accelerated, nothing *was hitting a piece of rubber. Drove me Crazy trying to figure it out (Checked the Coilovers & adjusted, Air Pressure in Tires/Alignment, Motor Mounts, Trans mount etc.) ... Went like a month before I was finally cleaning out the car and found the bottle.
nope no beer I mean "glass" bottle here
F&F you should really talk to someone about this drink'n and drive'n issue

Old 04-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
they did not meet; so TT does not know about Scudi yet..
smooth operator

Old 04-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
nope no beer I mean "glass" bottle here
F&F you should really talk to someone about this drink'n and drive'n issue
You Drink and Drive and will end up like this guy - Intoxicated driver’s stranded Ferrari plowed by train in Sherman / Local News, Weather, Sports, Severe Weather, and Breaking News Coverage for Sherman TX, Denison TX, Ardmore OK, Durant OK, Ada OK

Turned out to be one of these -

Anyway.... Hope you can figure it out!

Last edited by Fuel&Fire; 04-03-2009 at 12:02 PM.