Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Has anyone seen this ad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:40 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tt996al
What exactly happened if you don't mind me asking.
Probably a deposit to hold your spot for a car that never arrived. People get so excited for a deal they will do anything to put a deposit down to hold it. These scammers can sweet talk the hell out of you and make you feel so comfortable.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Well, it's a Tip....

Old 03-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
That price would be believable if it was A under water or B on fire.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond repute
I don't buy it at all.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Carfax came back clean - FL vehicle as of last report but was inspected in TX
The last Carfax data update was a year ago.
Must be a scam...

Old 03-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
What exactly happened if you don't mind me asking.
Not at all, it was 4ish years ago so I'm a little fuzzy on the details but basically:

My friend was looking for a Supra; however, he didn't really know the market value of one - he though he could pick it up somewhat cheap. He's not that bright about vehicles... Well he found a modded MKIV on autotrader for, if memory serves me correctly 10k, if that wasn't enough to let you know it was a scam the listing included at least 20k in mods, and a claim (dyno sheet was posted) that the car made just shy of 700rwhp. All this for 10k.

Well he told me about it, all excited, first thing I said even before I saw the listing was not to touch it - not even with a ten foot pole. He said it was too late, and he already got in contact with the seller. I told him to stop again, I reassured him it was a scam. He told me that he spoke to the seller and the seller reassured him that this was legit (at that point I wanted to smash MY head against my desk). Here's the funny part; to reassure my friend that he was not going to be scammed he was willing to take HALF the price via WESTERN UNION and he could pay the remaining balance after the car was delivered.

Despite my efforts he sent him the money, and well guess what happened? He never heard from him again.

This all took place over few days, and I can't even recall how many times I told him it was a scam and that he will lose all his money. But I guess he just wanted it too much, and the impulse part of his brain was too much for him... I felt bad for him losing his money but at the same time I could not get over his stupidity. He admits his stupidity now, but what good is that?

Few months ago, I saw the same car on autotrader, I sent him the link to it. It was now for sale for 12k......

Old 03-05-2009, 01:28 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
tt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the story Tsar. Supras are pretty sweet cars too I can see why he would be so anxious to get one... you can't trust nobody.... Not to call your friend a fool but i am sure you heard fool and his money is easily seperated... and those kind of stories happen quite often.. Recently my Gf's brother sold something on Kijiji and when the buyer sent them a money order, it was cashed and all by the bank and they ship everything they were out around 2000 dollars because bank called them back and told them it was a fake money order. Still don't understand how a bank can cash out something without checking it first.. Live and learn..
I would never give someone money up front unless i have the car in my sight..What a cruel world, everyone is out there to scam you out of your hard earned cash.

Even though this car is TIP, and i can't even stand the site of a automatic shifter at this price i think i would want it anyways, it's a sweet car.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:40 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
tt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to beholdtt996al is a splendid one to behold
Listing is removed...

Old 03-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Listing is removed...
Hopefully no one lost their money...