Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

COOL NEW SUPERCAR CONTENT - Cars & Coffee Irvine 2/21 - CHECK IT OUT! [VIDEO]

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I know man if I'm ever out that way I'll be sure to let you know so we can meet for a game. If you ever want to come to a REAL park to watch a game you just let me know bud...

Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Barrister
I was parked just down from you - to the left as you face the CGT. We got there late and my car was dirty. You probably saw us. My son was wearing a bright orange Ferrari jacket and black Ducati shirt. I was wearing an orange Vodofone McLaren Mercedes Lewis Hamilton cap.

CNCPICS never takes pics of Porsches for some reason.
Yeah i saw your car, and tried looking around for you but there was a big crowd. We got there pretty late as well.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I just hope that when you come to OUR house I see less of this:

480 ft shot . . .

And more of this:

450 ft shot . . .

Same game too!!

MAN I MISS BASEBALL!!

Last edited by Barrister; 02-23-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Those pics have me so pumped for this season despite all the Arod BS that I have to deal with everyday. I went to gamestop and had to preorder MLB The Show so I can have a little baseball ASAP...

Old 02-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
Those pics have me so pumped for this season despite all the Arod BS that I have to deal with everyday. I went to gamestop and had to preorder MLB The Show so I can have a little baseball ASAP...
I am contributing to my own thread hijack but I can't resist!!

Did you like the last version of The Show? I thought it had real potential. But it had four killer issues:

1. You could steal off of anyone at any time. In my season Chone Figgins had 206 stolen bases.

2. It was too hard to hit HRs with left handed batters.

3. Framerate bad on sharply hit balls down the lines.

4. You either hit a HR or a single. The lack of extra base hits was unforgiveable.

Given that there is little competition in the baseball video game world - with SEGA wrapping up the third-party developer rights - the games rarely improve. When there was MVP, The Show and MLB 2K we saw real improvement year to year. Not any more. Same thing has happened to Madden.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alex@TAGMotorsports
Yeah i saw your car, and tried looking around for you but there was a big crowd. We got there pretty late as well.
PM me next time you are heading out and we will meet over there. Maybe we can get a few guys together and make a run up PCH a little before heading over to the meet. No street racing - I promise . . .

Old 02-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I am contributing to my own thread hijack but I can't resist!!

Did you like the last version of The Show? I thought it had real potential. But it had four killer issues:

1. You could steal off of anyone at any time. In my season Chone Figgins had 206 stolen bases.

2. It was too hard to hit HRs with left handed batters.

3. Framerate bad on sharply hit balls down the lines.

4. You either hit a HR or a single. The lack of extra base hits was unforgiveable.

Given that there is little competition in the baseball video game world - with SEGA wrapping up the third-party developer rights - the games rarely improve. When there was MVP, The Show and MLB 2K we saw real improvement year to year. Not any more. Same thing has happened to Madden.

I actually totally agree with you that the games just do not progress from year to year. They do so much work to make the games graphically better that they always forget to make sure the gameplay is still on point.

Of the issues you brought up I noticed #1 and #4 the most and I hated it. We actually made a rule in my house that you could only steal 3 times per game so use them wisely to avoid the total onslaught of steals that always took place. I hope they do a better job of having a variety of hits also, I mean come on at least have doubles be a part of the game. But with all of that said I love baseball video games, second to NHL, and this is the best one imo so that's why I always get it. I feel for those with 360's though as they don't even have this option...

Old 02-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice video!

Old 02-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
It's on! Did you notice that the Angels' opening weekend is against the Red Sox?? April 10, 11, and 12. The smack talk will be flowin' - for one of us at least! Come on out and catch a game - I will save a seat for you!
hahah I know! Thats why I posted it. If I can get work off I will take you up on that, and I call driving to the TT to the game, but I'll bring my Red Sox world champs licences plate frame.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Where are all the car fans?? Lately, if it's not posted in the Off Topic Lounge nobody looks at it. That needs to change . . . .
I always look and make comments. Maybe it's because your an Angels fan and nobody likes you because of that.

Quick Reply: COOL NEW SUPERCAR CONTENT - Cars & Coffee Irvine 2/21 - CHECK IT OUT! [VIDEO]