Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Pics: My Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 09:16 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
woah... did you paint that into the concrete or is that photoshop? That looks like a public park or something, is that your house? LOL

Old 02-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
Yeh I made them paint it for me in the car park of my favorite restaurant on the River Thames outside of London

Old 03-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
Just got my car back after fitting the Cargraphic 544bhp powerkit.

Couldn't give it a proper test drive as was pouring down with rain and lots and lots of traffic. Will do a bigger report later after spending more time behind the wheel.

First impressions though:
  • Exhaust sound is great!! (not PSE hacked-open on a Carrera great, but still a vast improvement) Wouldn't want it any louder (I got the middle loudness version) and to me at least it sounds a lot like the Tubi from in the cockpit.
  • Turbo lag is almost gone; the car now feels like it has a NA engine given how responsive it is
  • Turbo kicks in a lot smoother as a result of the kit - you are soon doing frightening speeds in the blink of an eye. It even sounds smoother. When I put my foot down at low revs in the original car you would have a pause then it would feel like the engine was balling up all the power to then unleash. Now when I hit the throttle you just get an instant smooth surge of power. I much prefer this.
  • I have only pushed my right foot to the floor 3 times thus far and only very briefly - and the results are startling! The upper revs of the gears just sounds SO 'angry' and it accelerates like the cars life depends on getting away. It honestly feels like I now have unlimited power at my disposal. The concept of needing sport mode with over-boost is now frankly ridiculous.
I also got a revised Parr geometry setup which I think makes the steering feel more precise and responsive and certainly handles the power a lot better. So big thumbs up there :!

Videos/sound-clips/more reports to come later.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I had a weekend away last weekend, 300 miles round-trip. I still just can't get over how smooth the Turbos and acceleration are now!!

There is also hardly any lag – other than when cruising in 6th at 2000 rpm and you then floor the throttle. Then there is still a few seconds wait. Other than that much more like a normally aspirated engine. Great when accelerating gently through a corner. No more turbo on/off switch.

The car just feels ‘tuned’. Not like it’s had all that power forced upon it, it just feels more free!!

The exhaust sound is great too. Not brilliant 2500-3000rpm on the motorway as there is a bit of a drone. Nothing too intrusive, but if you hit 3000 and onwards you just get cruising silence. Sure, if you want to hear the good noises then they are readily available with some right foot action!

Fuel economy is about the same – I averaged 27mpg averaging 60mph on my 300 mile round trip.

So overall I LOVE the powerkit. Frankly I think the engine is healthier now than it was before so I am definitely less stressed about the warranty issue. Plus RS-Tuning (via Cargraphic) is probably THE best tuner for Porsches along with Ruf (although Ruf doesn’t actually race Porsches) so they really know what they are doing. Also the ECU is tuned for the exhaust + filter combination, so I know I have a tried and tested formula. Yes, certainly worth the extra money compared to the other packages out there (albeit a bad Euro exchange rate right now pushing up the price).

As for the Parr ‘fast-road’ geometry alignment; definitely sharper more responsive steering. Definitely more stability and grip putting down all that power. The car somehow feels lighter!

I am desperate to get myself a ‘Performance Box’ and do some videos and sound-bites. What with snow forecast for this weekend, it may be a little while though.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
car looks great, congrats!

Old 04-02-2008, 02:53 PM
BSM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really nice
Fantastic Turbo, the wheels look perfect.