Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

SPI 997 SLEDGEHAMMER 1000 hp Porsche Conversion Package

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 04:19 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
That is NUTS! You don't joke around DK.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dk996tt
it is my car. car does have a stock tranny, but a tilton triple disk and lwfw. absolutely flies. i am putting the car up for sale as i want to do a similar project on my GT2.
Looking forward to that!

Old 01-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Beautiful car

Old 01-13-2009, 02:57 AM
Teamspeed Member
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Most impresive project. I'm looking forward to the completion of your 996TT project too.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That's insane! Good luck selling the car.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dk996tt
pretty awesome if you consider 19" HRE's, Toyo R888's, and 40 PSI of tire pressure. the same way i drive her everyday on the street. this car definitely has a low to mid 9 second run if we tweaked it a bit for optimal drag race conditions. but that was not the point of the exercise. it was simply to see how fast it was when driven the same way on the street everyday! i don't plan on drag racing her but just wanted to see wanted to see what she could do.
Nice wheels
Like to see the *new* replacement 997.2 Turbo engine handle 1000 BHP without blowing the whole car to smitherines!! Just shows what a magnificent thing the GT1 based Metzger engine is. Shame Porsche are retiring it to make more margin...

Old 01-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
It's pretty great, but I still have doubts about how long the engine will last with that kind of boost.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
I am actually not too impressed with a build with that HP that did not have a 200+mph pass in Texas Mile. Don't know why a person would sell a super car after a nice build at 900 miles only. The 1/4 mile run was sick though.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
He had some little porb with ECU and TB not fully opening up at 6 gear...it reached 195 much earlier then it passed 1 mile mark...it does 60-130 in 4.86...

He sells the car to put same kit on his new GT2 that he got while he was tuning his TT...

Swizter is the best...my previous car moded VTGs SPI 750 kit TipS...runned 0-60 in 2.4, 0-100 in 5.9, 60-130 in 6.55...10.4 on driftbox in 1/4...1st time at track in bad weather and not perfect start (0-60 in 2.7) runned 10.66 at 132.9...Tym is great guy I coundnt be happier, I would reccomend him to anyone...thanks...David (DK) for pointing ME in right direction )))...

Old 01-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
No doubt Switzer is good. Every person has their own opinions. No one will beat BBi's exhaust as far as HP and TQ, proved Dyno results. Let's see that 200mph pass and I will become a believer. I am onto your 60-130mph though, stay tuned.