Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Trickle Charger and Indoor Cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
parkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond repute
Trickle Charger and Indoor Cover

Does anyone have any knowledge of whether there's a safety issue with keeping a trickle charger plugged in with the indoor cover on the vehicle? I'm storing my 997TT over the winter and have it plugged into the trickle charger Porsche sells. As I was putting on the indoor cover today, there seemed to be a lot of static electricity from the inside lining of the cover, so was concerned whether that would mess with the trickle charger. I think I'm being paranoid but thought it would be safer to post.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Happy holidays.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by parkmonster
Does anyone have any knowledge of whether there's a safety issue with keeping a trickle charger plugged in with the indoor cover on the vehicle? I'm storing my 997TT over the winter and have it plugged into the trickle charger Porsche sells. As I was putting on the indoor cover today, there seemed to be a lot of static electricity from the inside lining of the cover, so was concerned whether that would mess with the trickle charger. I think I'm being paranoid but thought it would be safer to post.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Happy holidays.
Storing the car with the porsche trickle charger is a great idea. Also, as long as your car is clean, cover her up, and tuck away for winter. You should be in great shape.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
No issues. The charger plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and you leave the control box on the floor of the garage. Then just put the cover over the car. Make sure you place a towel between the power cord and your car so it doesn't scratch.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:15 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Statman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond repute
do it all the time. direct connect to the battery.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
parkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:15 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
996carrera has a reputation beyond repute996carrera has a reputation beyond repute996carrera has a reputation beyond repute996carrera has a reputation beyond repute996carrera has a reputation beyond repute996carrera has a reputation beyond repute996carrera has a reputation beyond repute996carrera has a reputation beyond repute996carrera has a reputation beyond repute996carrera has a reputation beyond repute996carrera has a reputation beyond repute
I plug my car in all the time, with the cover on and I run the cord through the door crack and shut the door completely.