Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Quest for 997TT headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
AAHTT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quest for 997TT headers: AWE and others

For guys looking for headers for their 997 TT, this is the result of weeks of research. (no affiliation to any brand whatsoever).

997 TT headers - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Last edited by AAHTT; 12-23-2008 at 07:12 PM. Reason: more info
Old 12-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
It would be nice if you could post the pics here for those aren't members on rennlist.
Don't you loose a little bit of torque down low?

Old 12-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by AudiRS
It would be nice if you could post the pics here for those aren't members on rennlist.
Don't you loose a little bit of torque down low?
Here you go.
No loss down low, actually most of the gain is seen in the middle (3500-5000) on the dyno.

Attached Images     
Old 12-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
BrianP is a name known to allBrianP is a name known to allBrianP is a name known to allBrianP is a name known to allBrianP is a name known to allBrianP is a name known to allBrianP is a name known to allBrianP is a name known to allBrianP is a name known to allBrianP is a name known to allBrianP is a name known to all
I am a AWE Dealer and can make some last minute holiday prices, PM me for more info.

Brian

Old 12-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Statman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond repute
Ummm....those headers look longer than the stock ones....that does not equate to better performance from what I know. But they are shiny.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by Statman
Ummm....those headers look longer than the stock ones....that does not equate to better performance from what I know. But they are shiny.
All aftermarket headers are longer and I think thats the whole purpose: to cool down the air a bit more, on the other hand a larger diameter is not good thats true.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Statman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond reputeStatman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AAHTT
All aftermarket headers are longer and I think thats the whole purpose: to cool down the air a bit more, on the other hand a larger diameter is not good thats true.
Ummm...not exactly. The whole purpose of aftermarket headers is to make money AFAIK. The key is to get better flow through the header. Some folks like to coat them for temp. improvement. But the keys include equal length and free flow. Consensus on the thread is stock is better than aftermarket.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Ummm...not exactly. The whole purpose of aftermarket headers is to make money AFAIK. The key is to get better flow through the header. Some folks like to coat them for temp. improvement. But the keys include equal length and free flow. Consensus on the thread is stock is better than aftermarket.
Agree completely except this applies more to stock cars, but on heavily modded cars with bigger compressors like mine, the consensus is that they do help a bit. I personally would not get headers if my car was stock, there are other things more beneficial to start with.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
oops I forgot the link. BTW Scott is running 800whp with STOCK headers... you got more than that?

Old 12-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
oops I forgot the link. BTW Scott is running 800whp with STOCK headers... you got more than that?
I have read that before and everything I could find on headers and I came out with the sense that like a lot of people on that thread I think that there might be some benefit above 600whp.
My problem is that I could not find one single dyno showing the benefit or lack thereoff on a big power car (before and after headers).
what made me pull the trigger is that some of the best euro tuners who use engine dynos and not chassis dynos have showed some gains and include headers with their higher outpout packages (Cargraphic/ RS Tuning).
My tuner himself does not really believe in headers but he conceded that other people/tuners have seen some benefit.
It is a controversial subject and I have decided to see for myself.
Just for kicks I will try to run against some of the same cars I have run with before to see if there is a real world difference. Some of these guys are good members here and know my car well.
will keep you all posted.

Quick Reply: Quest for 997TT headers