Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

New Here...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Teamspeed Member
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NinjaBoy
welcome aboard.. Nice ride u got there...
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Ian@EVOMS
Mike,

Love the car! One of my favorites that has been through here! I hope she is still treating you well!

Ian
Thanks Ian. The car has been running great. The EVOMSit software has her running correctly,for the first time, since I first started down the mod path with the GT640, and that old software, in 2003. The new brakes and Motons are fantastic. Thanks! Now for some feedback on the progress on Ben's GT3071 project and we could be ready for the next round.
Originally Posted by sharky
Looking great Mike and reminds me of my 1st ride with the TT!
Thanks Alex! Those BBS wheels I got from you are what makes it happen. Well worth the time getting those 335's stuffed in the back. Your old Black Dog was quite ride. One of my all time favorites.
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Welcome!!!

Drop MexicoBlue a line for a can of squelch. Its a little TS secret ingredient for Turbos.
Thanks! Would squelch be similar Torco Accelerator?

Old 12-17-2008, 03:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful car! Like everyone else has posted, love the wheels. Great classic look you have. One of the best looking 996s I've ever seen.

The Squelch is all gone. I originally invented it while living in the guang-dong provence, as an inhaler-delivered temporary relaxant and vocal suppressant for nervous and noisy spider monkeys, so that breeders (and in my case, renters living above the illegal monkey trade shops) could get some sleep at night. Choke, having chemical inhaler-based issues anyway predating his Squelch phase, started playing around with it himself. After a few shots from the spray, he started eyeing his injectors. Two weeks later he both documented Squelch's contribution to increased HP and torque on the dyno, and burned down said auto shop and an adjoining nail salon in one giant fireball. Ever since he's been pestering me for more, but I had to cut him off.

So, I am unfamiliar with Torco Accelerator, but they are similar only if Torco Accelerator is a monkey vocal suppressant once used by Choke to burn down an Asian nail salon. Otherwise, no, they are completely dissimilar.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:46 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ian@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Zippy
Thanks Ian. The car has been running great. The EVOMSit software has her running correctly,for the first time, since I first started down the mod path with the GT640, and that old software, in 2003. The new brakes and Motons are fantastic. Thanks! Now for some feedback on the progress on Ben's GT3071 project and we could be ready for the next round.
I will have updates for everyone soon. I will have a few GT30 setups that people can choose from...

Keep up the good work on your car! I heard from Ben that the weather is quite warm there right now... keep that thing indoors and keep it pretty for spring!

Old 12-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Beautiful car! Like everyone else has posted, love the wheels. Great classic look you have. One of the best looking 996s I've ever seen.

The Squelch is all gone. I originally invented it while living in the guang-dong provence, as an inhaler-delivered temporary relaxant and vocal suppressant for nervous and noisy spider monkeys, so that breeders (and in my case, renters living above the illegal monkey trade shops) could get some sleep at night. Choke, having chemical inhaler-based issues anyway predating his Squelch phase, started playing around with it himself. After a few shots from the spray, he started eyeing his injectors. Two weeks later he both documented Squelch's contribution to increased HP and torque on the dyno, and burned down said auto shop and an adjoining nail salon in one giant fireball. Ever since he's been pestering me for more, but I had to cut him off.

So, I am unfamiliar with Torco Accelerator, but they are similar only if Torco Accelerator is a monkey vocal suppressant once used by Choke to burn down an Asian nail salon. Otherwise, no, they are completely dissimilar.
Ahh Hahaha! Awesome! Slouching in front of my quote screen for the past few months has led me to the conclusion I'm in a perfect candidate for implementing a chemical inhaler-based routine into my daily routine. I'm certain many of my clients would be interested too. Let me know the next time you whip up a few pickle jars of the stuff. I'll make sure to keep it away from the ladies in the hair salon. Thanks for the very nice words about the car. I appreciate it.

Mike

Old 12-18-2008, 01:03 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Ian@EVOMS
I will have updates for everyone soon. I will have a few GT30 setups that people can choose from...

Keep up the good work on your car! I heard from Ben that the weather is quite warm there right now... keep that thing indoors and keep it pretty for spring!
If I could get the snow blower to kick it up a notch or two it wouldn't be so bad. Perhaps a few shots of squelch would do the trick. Looking forward to see what you guys come out with.

Mike