Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Ruf Pulling out from Bahrain

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
yalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant future
Ruf Pulling out from Bahrain

The last time I heard from couple of guys works in Ruf ... they're pulling out from Bahrain because
miss management and dead business of course that's a big lost for us Arab Gulf citizens but to be honest I blame the management that lost this thing and messed it up ...

Old 11-30-2008, 12:16 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
That's a shame if this is true , Wayne, Hans, or any of the RUF guys can you confirm this ?

Old 12-02-2008, 01:15 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
That's very disappointing... I heard the rumors too!

Old 12-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
yalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant future
its a Fact

Old 12-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't they build a really nice facility there??? Wow...I suppose not too surprising that business is slow given the global economy (oil failing from $140 down to less than $50)...

Old 12-03-2008, 02:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
i heard they are shutting down by the 31st of december.. disappointing!!

TUUNER: yes they built a very very nice facility next to the Bahrain International Circuit, dunno whats gonna happen to this facility.. but its amazing!!

Old 12-03-2008, 02:04 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Surprising and disappointing!

Maybe they'll do a going out of business sale!

Old 12-03-2008, 02:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TUUNER
Didn't they build a really nice facility there??? Wow...I suppose not too surprising that business is slow given the global economy (oil failing from $140 down to less than $50)...
Yeah, but it was financed by one of the princes of Bahrain, so I don't think Alois & Co. have lost any money out of pocket. I'm surprised a company as structured and meticulous as RUF dove into such an outlandish endeavor. Probably good money and lots of potential opportunity, had the global economy held up.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

What is sad is that the guys that had Ruf work done are out of luck with regards to the Porsche warrantee…

Old 12-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Yeah, but it was financed by one of the princes of Bahrain, so I don't think Alois & Co. have lost any money out of pocket. I'm surprised a company as structured and meticulous as RUF dove into such an outlandish endeavor. Probably good money and lots of potential opportunity, had the global economy held up.
I heard that our Crown Prince put up the cost to set up shop the reason why they're closing IMO is because the factory in Bahrain was intended to produce mainly for the USA and with the current state of the economy it isn't feasible but I think it will be closed until a date yet to be determined perhaps they can re-open shop in the future

Quick Reply: Ruf Pulling out from Bahrain