Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Kudos to TeamSpeed, Rennsport One and luck.....(new car)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 02:31 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Kudos to TeamSpeed, Rennsport One and luck.....(new car)

Some of you may be aware of my search to replace my daughter's wrecked car (she's fine, not her fault).

We narrowed the search down to a few vehicles in the range I had in mind, and over 3 weeks, figured out what she wanted, colors, options, etc. Then I went to work on negotiating the deal locally. Well, as bad as the car business is, local dealer did not budge from his initial offer, and we were $800-$900 apart (car lists for under 30k - '09 Jetta).

So I begin searching for the car online and knew it was not available in this config locally, and I knew 3 states where there was at least one or two like this. Found it on my 3rd try. I kept on my local dealer, and asked if the GM could at least turn my offer down, but they would not even present the offer. I was told the 'big boss' would review it and get back to me the next day.

The local dealer did not return my call or email as promised, so after a day and a half, I went in search of the car.

After knowing I'd be buying out of state, and as anal as I am I wanted another set of eyes on a vehicle I'd be buying long distance, you know?

So I posted on TeamSpeed, and asked if anyone in that part of the country could take a look. I had about 6 replies within a few hours. One of those was Justin at Rennsport-One. He said he could take a look at the car, with a close eye as anal as I was, and get back to me.

Within a few minutes I emailed the details. He asked me to call his cell. He tells me he knows the dealer owner, and if I wanted, he'd make one call to his dealer buddy and just see about the 'deal' that was available. I get a call back on my cell within 10 minutes. OK, you do the math:

Let's say list is X. (keep in mind, this is not a Porsche, list is under 30).
Local dealer offered X - 500. I countered at X – 1200, they refused, I walked.
Justin got his friend on the horn. His guy calls me on the phone (and I knew it would be one shot only)....offers me X - 2700! (with all the fees, add ons and other bogus numbers many dealers toss into their invoice, the discount was actually steeper than this as this guy would not put a nickel into the number other than his raw cost of vehicle).

At this point I figured I was either being hosed, it was a scam, or the car was wrecked. But I trusted the folks I've been talking to, did some nosing around, and knew the dealer would get bonus for moving volume, and was offering me a chance to take the car at his cost, no markup, no add on, NO fees, etc. I didn’t even get hosed on ‘doc fees’ or any fees at all! Just his raw cost, plus my state’s sales tax. I was floored.

How could I turn that down?

Got pictures, sticker, details, had two other guys take a look at it. What an amazing experience.

Called one of the larger car haulers that brings trucks this way several times a week (Centurion), and they picked it up, had it in their distribution hub the next day, and it arrived to me this morning, absolutely flawless!

With trucking expense, I still saved a bundle on this one.

Can't wait to detail it this weekend and get some pics. A great ending. And mostly due to some great folks here on TeamSpeed (Justin at Rennsport One) and a terrific dealer who were willing to go the extra mile. Nice.

Thank you TEAMSPEED! Could not have done this without the board and the great contacts here.

Justin, you are DA MAN! Car is stunning.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond repute
Eric,
It was a pleasure helping you bud. If you need anything, feel free to give me a buzz.

Justin and the Rennsport-One Team.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
So sick, love it when this kind of thing happens. Justin when's your site going to be up man?

Old 10-11-2008, 01:59 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
That's TeamSpeed for ya!

Congrats to you both Eric and Justin.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute
Great story and nice to see it all worked out. I just picked up a new car for $12k under invoice! It's a buyer's market for sure, good thing you stuck to your guns and didn't cave in.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:41 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Love when people help each other out "just" because they share the same interest! Met or not .

Old 10-11-2008, 05:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
justin's a stand up guy!

Old 10-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
So sick, love it when this kind of thing happens. Justin when's your site going to be up man?

TTMOTION,
The site was up for a few days during our testing phase and now we are making the final tweaks before its hosted