Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Wrecked 997 TT

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
"Perhaps it was the result of anxiety."
-Bubba Zanetti

Old 09-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Damn that looks horrible. Lucky he made it out alive.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:09 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
dk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond repute
i guess he won't be working at any local porsche dealerships in the near future!

Old 09-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Teamspeed Member
Imcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really nice
This car owned by a guy from my town. Yes - 2007 997 Turbo. It was his first Porsche.

Article says 2006 but it was an 07.
Businessman, another man killed in wreck - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Old 09-14-2008, 02:40 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
ohhhh my

Old 09-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
thats bad.. very bad!!

Last edited by 911 S; 09-15-2008 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The absolute worst crash involving a Porsche that I have ever seen occurred on October 31, 2006 in Lake Forest, Califorina. A young woman - 18 years old from Ladera Ranch - took her Dad's Porsche 911 (I have never found out exactly what model or year) without permission after a heated verbal argument. It was the first time she had ever driven it. She sped down the 241 toll road and hit a toll booth at 100 MPH. Needless to say, she was killed instantly. She also clipped a bystander in a Honda Civic who sufferred minor injuries. Soon after the crash, extremely graphic photos of the accident scene were leaked to the Internet by employees of the California Highway Patrol. These were not your average gruesome pics. They depict this young woman's body torn to shreds. One of the most disturbing things I have ever seen. Over 1,600 Internet sites posted the pics which were then anonymously sent back to her grieving Dad with subject lines that read "Daddy, I'm still alive!" and "What a waste of a Porsche." The family sued the CHP over it. The lawsuit was evetually settled.

Reportedly, the young woman and her Dad clashed over her smoking cigarettes in the house. Just as the crash scene was being discoverd, her Dad repeatedly called 9-1-1 to report that she had run off in the car. The crash - with its sensational and extremely tragic back story - made international news. Unfortunately, so did the roe over the photos. Public opinion was sharply divided between grief and a severe backlash against Sothern California which is viewed by many outside of the area as an obsessed and vain "car culture." Many saw the young woman as a spoiled child run amuk who caused a lot of destruction. Others saw it as neglectful parenting. Some - myself included - just thought about their own children and how they couldn't possibly bear such a tragedy. You be the judge.

Below is a non-graphic shot of the aftermath. BUT BE WARNED - if you search the Internet for the graphic photos of this crash and you look at them, you will NEVER get the images out of your head. Honestly, you will never be the same. I would strongly advise against it. I know that I just ensured that a certain percentage of you will now HAVE to look it up. But I felt an obligation to warn you regardless. It is a nightmare.

I live in Ladera Ranch and I routinely drive through that very toll booth. I think of this each time I do. This event slowed me down a bit - but not enough. Remembering it tonight makes me want to drive more carefully.

Here is a vid of the 20/20 piece on the crash - nothing graphic here either. Very disturbing stuff though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43VlAunIFhg

Last edited by Barrister; 09-15-2008 at 04:14 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that is a heart breaking story I can't even begin to imagine the pain her father and her family and with all of that media attention will only add insult to injury. I personaly love to speed but its stories like these that realy put it into context its not worth especialy with track days

Old 09-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
That's a really sad story. Horrible to see, read or hear about.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Sick to think people would take pictures of the girl and post them on the interent with the titles that they did. So sad