Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Just Because I Can . . .

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 12:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
And just for my friends at TS . . .

downforce : photos : Car Vids- powered by SmugMug

Look at the RPM and the Turbo boost meter - the car is only running at about 5,000 RPM and the boost is way down. In other words, "whoever" is driving that car had a lot left. Top speed 200 mph?? We may never know.

That pic of the GT3 doing 172 mph is insane - and the pic is so clear. Looks like "whoever" did that run was on the track.

Hypothetically, "the driver" may have been able to hit that same speed on another run. But documentary evidence is sadly lacking.

Hypothetically of course.

Last edited by Barrister; 08-31-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Russ has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond repute
It's a good thing you're a lawyer

Old 08-31-2008, 04:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Russ
It's a good thing you're a lawyer
Just don't turn me in!

Old 08-31-2008, 04:52 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
145 mph eh. That is like Euro commute speed! I was doing that for about 13 hours straight last month

Old 08-31-2008, 04:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by jox
145 mph eh. That is like Euro commute speed! I was doing that for about 13 hours straight last month
You see. There's always someone with a better story.

Besides, it wasn't me.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
I only got up to 163mph on my honeymoon

That was because of the bad traffic, fully loaded up car, forgetting to press the sport button for overboost, and having earlier in the holiday knocked out my geometry to the extent where my car feels like it's driving on 4 flat tyres!

The other Turbo with us apparently got to 175mph and the GT2 did 178mph on the same stretch.

By the way to my knowledge the reason a stock Turbo is limited to 193 mph is the N rated tyres and the rev limiter. If you want to go faster you need to change both of these.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:57 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
You see. There's always someone with a better story.
And a better car

*steals Barrister's car.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by jox
And a better car

*steals Barrister's car.

Ha Ha. I learned that when I went up against that Protomotive Turbo in the video. That car is CRAZY! I have yet to see a faster Turbo. I am not exactly sure what his performance numbers are but he is in the stratosphere. He took us all that day - including several self-proclaimed "kings of the street."

So I am used to humble pie!

Originally Posted by Alex_997TurboRSC
By the way to my knowledge the reason a stock Turbo is limited to 193 mph is the N rated tyres and the rev limiter. If you want to go faster you need to change both of these.
Yeah. I have raised the rev limiter but the tires are still the trusty PS2.

Last edited by Barrister; 08-31-2008 at 05:04 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Q8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Barrister & DJ,

I thought you might like that. This was done on an undisclosed public highway somewhere on the planet with one hand on the steering wheel and the other taking the photo shot with a lame mobile phone camera.

Warning: Do not attempt in doing this at any time other than on a video game. A professional stunt driver was used during this attempt.

Attached Images  
Old 08-31-2008, 07:25 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Q8_TwinTurbo
Barrister & DJ,

I thought you might like that. This was done on an undisclosed public highway somewhere on the planet with one hand on the steering wheel and the other taking the photo shot with a lame mobile phone camera.

Warning: Do not attempt in doing this at any time other than on a video game. A professional stunt driver was used during this attempt.
Game over?