Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

EVOMSit Flashing Officially Released for 997TT

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb EVOMSit Flashing Officially Released for 997TT

Hey folks, I just wanted to let you know that Evolution Motorsports' own in-house tuning (EVOMSit) is now officially released. We've been installing the EVOMSit on EVT700 kits for some time now as well as on Stage 1-4 cars so whichever set up you have, whether it be for 91, 93, 6speed, Tip etc... you'll be covered. There have been a good deal of positive reviews and info in Excellence, Modified Luxury & Exotics as well as Total 911 and obviously I've also been running it (and hard) on our Turbo, Cayman and GT3RS. Feel free to drop either (myself) alex@sharkwerks.com, (Greg) sales@roadsportsupply.comm, or alex@maxrpm.com or mike@evoms.com an Email for any questions or your local EVO dealer where the software is available for $2500 by itself. The process is pretty easy and we would need you to send your ECUs into us and can ship them back the same day we recieve them (we can walk you through the process as it's quite simple). Please specify your requirements in terms of modifications and/or Octane level...

For more info please see our Stage 1 Kit (which comes with the Boost
Recirculation Valves)
SharkWerks Porsche Performance Experts in Northern California (510-651-0300)

EVT S1 550 Includes:
-EVOMSit ECU Tuning
-EVOMS Boost Recirculation Valves (Pair)

HP Gain 91 Octane: 75 crank
TQ Gain 91 Octane: 70 crank

HP Gain 93 Octane: 90 crank
TQ Gain 93 Octane: 90 crank

You can also get a specific (or spare ECU) tune for 100.

HP Gain 100+ Octane: 100 crank
TQ Gain 100+ Octane: 100 crank

A few quick swipes from the PR:

Screen Capture From the ECU Manipulation Software Program of a Modified 3-D Ignition Map

IST (Intelligent Switching Technology™):
Intelligent Switching Technology,™ (IST) is an OEM feature that is built into the factory ECU and allows for automatic switching of ignition timing maps based upon input received from other engine sensors. Available for certain EVOMSit performance programs, the EVOMSit IST programming incorporates this intelligence for true and safe flexible power without compromise. The EVOMSit ECU tuning utilizes the multiple OEM ignition tables in progressive stages, which can optimize safe performance based upon outside conditions and different octane fuels. The ECU automatically switches to the best-suited ignition map creating an automatic “race mode” if race fuel is utilized. This IST function is always active and will switch automatically without having to physically change anything. IST is far more intelligent than any manual switcher found in the market. The use of manual switchers can cause serious engine damage if accidentally switched to a “race mode” without having race fuel in the car. This manual type of switching technology physically locks the timing map and can over ride the ECU’s ability to protect itself if unfavorable conditions exist. This manual switching is archaic considering that OEM ECU has the ability to analyze conditions and switch timing maps automatically. EVOMSit with IST is the intelligent way to utilize ECU timing map switching.

SP (Sport Pedal™):
All E-Gas (drive by wire) cars from model year 2000 and newer have an electronic throttle valve, which is controlled by the car’s ECU. Available for certain EVOMSit performance programs, EVOMSit Sport Pedal™ (SP) feature changes the ratio of accelerator pedal movement verses opening of the throttle valve, increasing throttle response. By modifying these maps in the ECU calibration, throttle response is drastically improved and the “throttle delay,” a common complaint among enthusiasts, is eliminated. Certain cars contain an OEM “sport mode” which incorporates this same Sport Pedal™ feature. For these cars, we incorporate the OEM “sport mode” pedal calibration for the regular mode and further increase the responsiveness of the “sport mode” with our improved calibration.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond repute
Sharky,
Great Write up! We've also been using the EVOMSit (in two of our 997s) and it Rocks. We also noticed a huge improvement over the former software that we were running in our 997TT ( I will be a gentlemen and leave the name of the tuning company out).

Alex amazing job as always, you guys are top notch. Good luck with the launch of the EVOMSit

Old 08-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
torresmd is on a distinguished roadtorresmd is on a distinguished road
I am currently running the new software on my 996TT with the GT660 kit and have a silly grin on my face everyday.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rennsport-One
Sharky,
Great Write up! We've also been using the EVOMSit (in two of our 997s) and it Rocks. We also noticed a huge improvement over the former software that we were running in our 997TT ( I will be a gentlemen and leave the name of the tuning company out).

Alex amazing job as always, you guys are top notch. Good luck with the launch of the EVOMSit
Thanks for the heads up. Sorry guys I didn't know about the Miami-connection PM me the details and I'll add you to the thread etc... sorry 'bout that! It's been really great driving here on all three cars here too Todd even managed to eke some more out of the lil' ol Cayman

Old 08-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by torresmd
I am currently running the new software on my 996TT with the GT660 kit and have a silly grin on my face everyday.
Hey Torresmd, good to hear. We have a current 996tt stage IV on the lift that's having a clutch put in so it can handle the GT660 conversion going on

Old 08-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Q8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Sharky, Does this cancel out the issues with the tiptronic throttle position inconsisitency found on the former ecu tuning software ?

As always, great writeup .

Old 08-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Teamspeed Member
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Can you post the dynos comparing the Evo to the "g" competition. I'm wondering if I shoulda done this software...

Old 08-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
yalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant futureyalmutawa has a brilliant future
TT GAsman nice wheeeeeeeeeels loved them ...
and evoms so reflash will be free for us with the old tuning ?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Q8_TwinTurbo
Sharky, Does this cancel out the issues with the tiptronic throttle position inconsisitency found on the former ecu tuning software ?

As always, great writeup .
Actually yes it does Q8_TwinTurbo. EVO spent a lot of time working out kinks/differences on the Tips so they really work well. It's nice to have this stuff inhouse obviously along with the cars/hardware. Whichever GT/EVT kit you have you are absolutely welcome to update it to the EVOMSit.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Can you post the dynos comparing the Evo to the "g" competition. I'm wondering if I shoulda done this software...
Hi Doug, EVO's getting all of the data together for their EVOMSit launch so we'll have that shortly. I've got plenty of EVT700's but that's a different story

As for wondering/deciding... the policy is and will continue to be that if you did get software from EVO, ourselves or one of their dealers and want to update it to the EVOMSit, EVO has stated that this is to be done free of charge too.

Quick Reply: EVOMSit Flashing Officially Released for 997TT