Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Would you do anything about it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
N2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond repute
Would you do anything about it?

Went in to replace the front cowl under warranty and scheduled an oil change also. Asked for "no wash please" and "keep the car in the shade or indoors as always." They have been great about it in the past so no worries.

Now this really efed up my already longer than ever week:

So the tech pulls the cowl off and guess what, one of the wires that was male connectors on the XM/GPS antenna breaks off. The XM was installed by a reputable installer here in so cal. Problem is he removed a couple supoorting bracket thingys for the cowl and the cowl went to sh*t. They also moddified the phone module antenna by removing a card deck size cutout of the unit!

So this is where I'm at. The cost of the new cowl, a new XM/GPS antenna and a phone module antenna as well as the labor costs. Finall costs will be over $500.00 when done right. Would you bother contacting the audio guys which they did the install about 1 year ago or let it go?

One other item: The tech took the car for a 4+ mile spin with a passenger! I always log the miles in my phone and they did not buckle my passenger belt back up.

Why in the hell do you need to do that after replacing the cowl and changing the oil?

Old 08-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Teamspeed Surgeon
TT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud of
Just let it go, know better next time.
(edit, except the joyride, that's bullshit)

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 08-26-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
I would make sure the car functions properly when leaving the dealer. Doesn't make sense to have to do extra work because they messed up.

Regarding the 4 mile joy ride, I'd let them know. "mmmh, I know you went for a 4mi joyride ... whatcha gonna do if I have problems down the road?"

Definitely wouldn't let it slide.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
I would make sure the car functions properly when leaving the dealer. Doesn't make sense to have to do extra work because they messed up.

Regarding the 4 mile joy ride, I'd let them know. "mmmh, I know you went for a 4mi joyride ... whatcha gonna do if I have problems down the road?"

Definitely wouldn't let it slide.
Fully agree, the audio guys are going to deny till the end of time because it was a while ago so you have to ask yourself is the dollar amount worth your time, the hassle, and the stress involved. It may be but that's your call. As for the joyride DO NOT let that go. It's the only way to stop this bulls**t from happening again and again.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
You're probably going to have to eat the cost for the audio cables that were damaged...

but the joyride is complete BS.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
N2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the input gents.

Yes, I was thinking about letting the audio go however, they are getting a call in the AM.

The joy ride thing is complete BS. They had no right to do that and I will start with the SM in the AM as well. The car has so much power most techs would sh*t thier pants.

Now I'm fired up and and want to know if the tech redlined it but how? What is the best/quickest read I could get and should I ask them to perform this under my observation? Type I & II's are time stamped no?

Thanks

Old 08-26-2008, 01:21 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
If you use the audio guys regularly, I would let them know what trouble them cutting corners put you through. No need to try to get a credit from them.

Now the dealer's joy ride is unacceptable, especially in a high horsepower car. Definitely have a stern talk with the SA.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond repute
what dealership was this??

Old 08-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I would rather not say at this point until I talk with them.

Originally Posted by LAZY TURBO
what dealership was this??

Old 08-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Darn that really sucks N2it;( The joy ride thing too. Not cool! I would definately talk to them about it because they need to know they can't be doing stuff like that.