Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Would you do anything about it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by N2it
Now I'm fired up and and want to know if the tech redlined it but how? What is the best/quickest read I could get and should I ask them to perform this under my observation? Type I & II's are time stamped no?
Honestly man I'd make sure to call the dealership ASAP before too much time goes by... Worry about getting the readings later, but after a few days go buy the dealership won't have any reason to believe your story.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
N2it, you will succeed to nothing talking to the audio shop. Learn and move on, and take it as a hit.

In regards to the joyride at the dealership, put your foot down. Also, indicate current mileage and write NO test drives without your permission on all forms before leaving your car. Don't trust them.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
ALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond repute
I know it might be a long shot reason but perhaps they took it out for a spin to test the cowl for noise, squeaks, etc?

Old 08-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
uber is a splendid one to beholduber is a splendid one to beholduber is a splendid one to beholduber is a splendid one to beholduber is a splendid one to beholduber is a splendid one to beholduber is a splendid one to beholduber is a splendid one to beholduber is a splendid one to beholduber is a splendid one to beholduber is a splendid one to behold
The joyride would infuriate me...

Which dealer in SoCal? It would be nice to know
if you feel it is inappropriate to post, please PM.
I appreciate it.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
N2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond repute
Update:

Spoke with the SM in regards to the four miles. I asked why the four miles ride in a 700hp car? He was trying to assure me that they drive every car after an oil change to make the pressure comes up ect..?

My comment was, I have had my car at two other reputable dealerships and they don't drive the car(s) after oil changes ect...

I asked about their routine route for reference which he offered. This route he spoke of is not 4 miles but more like 1.2 -1.5 and he knows this after I informed him of it. He finally agreed and promissed to look into it.

I informed him that I want a "straight answer with no BS" because this is not going to end until I'm satisfied. I also informed him that if I take my car in to another shop for readings they will be paying the invoice and if negative news pops up then we have an issue.

The only comforting news (if it has any worth) is the tech who is from Miami has an extensive background on CGT's and was requested time and time agian by regular customers. I did talk with the mate for sometime prior and felt good leaving my car there but it still comes down to the 4 mile ride.

I will keep you all posted.

(Sorry if this is scrambeled up-in a hurry to get some stuff done)

Thank you for everyones input-much appreciated!

Old 08-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
N2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond repute
I asked them if this was the case and they said no

Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
I know it might be a long shot reason but perhaps they took it out for a spin to test the cowl for noise, squeaks, etc?