Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

430 Scuderia vs GT3 for tracking?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
430 Scuderia vs GT3 for tracking?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a new project, a track-toy which will both be fun and ambitious for setting some records on track. Our local track here (Istanbul Park) has long straights and requires a powerful car to be able to run good times. There are some straights which my 1,000 HP Porsche 997TT can go 180mph. A stock Scuderia with a good driving (to the limits) does 2:13, a stock LP-570 Superleggera does 2:12 for some reference. The current street car (no slicks) record is 2:11 which took a 850HP 997tt with some suspension tweaks (not a lot). My aim is to build a car that is able to run as good as cup cars (2:05). I'm imagining that this will require at least 800 HP.

So I have two good options in my mind for that matter.

1. Porsche 997.2 GT3

It's a friend of mines car, modified heavily by Esmotor. 4.25 liters, I believe around 600hp. With it's current setup, I believe it can go like a Stock Scuderia, maybe a little faster but still far from my goal.

My option is to put a twin turbocharger + sequential gearbox and some racing suspension tweaks on it and try that way. Car already has a built engine.

2. Ferrari F430 Scuderia

Well, this option is obviously more expensive but actually excites me, but not with it's stock form. I have two options for this one to become a track monster.

a. Build a solid high C/R engine, put a twin turbocharger and suspension tweaks. I can see this car goes 2:05.

b. Put a supercharger to the stock engine & suspension tweaks. I'm not really sure what kind of power I can look at that way, since I've not seen any examples.

And I've also been offered to consider a 360 Modena since it's a lighter platform and MUCH cheaper than other 2 to buy and build. 1/2 than the GT3 and more than 1/3 than the Scuderia. (Again high C/R turbocharged engine, suspension tweaks etc..) I can't say I'm really considering this option but cost-wise it of course makes more sense.

Looking forward to your comments

Salih

Last edited by salihbjk; 11-28-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really nice
well, in your place, i would consider a GTR, cheaper and have a lot of performance kits on the market.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you are looking for sheer performance and for track.

Get an MP4. It will kill both Porsche and Ferrari, maybe even on just 3 wheels and in the USA a pristine example under 5k miles can be had for under 180k.

But if you're looking for giggles, grins and blood pumping fun get a Scuderia. The MP4 computer keeps telling me how to drive on the track (even when you turn it off) which annoyed the crap out of me.

And more horsepower does not always translate to speed on the track. A supercharger system would most definitely effect the balance of the car as well as the throttle map which will dramatically change how you enter and exit a corner.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
MP4-12C is a dream for me, but actually it's a bit too expensive for me to abuse in track. It's double the price of Scud (maybe even a bit more) and triple the price of that particular GT3.

I agree about the speed-track relation, but if you look at the Istanbul Park (which is the particular track I'm looking to build a car for), anything less than 700-800 hp can not do what I'm looking to do. It has pretty long straights.

Originally Posted by alwin
Sounds like you are looking for sheer performance and for track.

Get an MP4. It will kill both Porsche and Ferrari, maybe even on just 3 wheels and in the USA a pristine example under 5k miles can be had for under 180k.

But if you're looking for giggles, grins and blood pumping fun get a Scuderia. The MP4 computer keeps telling me how to drive on the track (even when you turn it off) which annoyed the crap out of me.

And more horsepower does not always translate to speed on the track. A supercharger system would most definitely effect the balance of the car as well as the throttle map which will dramatically change how you enter and exit a corner.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I'm not really looking an all-wheel drive for the track. And also, GT-R is a lot heavier than the cars I mentioned.

Originally Posted by Alef_henriique
well, in your place, i would consider a GTR, cheaper and have a lot of performance kits on the market.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by salihbjk
MP4-12C is a dream for me, but actually it's a bit too expensive for me to abuse in track. It's double the price of Scud (maybe even a bit more) and triple the price of that particular GT3.

I agree about the speed-track relation, but if you look at the Istanbul Park (which is the particular track I'm looking to build a car for), anything less than 700-800 hp can not do what I'm looking to do. It has pretty long straights.
A scud is like 160-170 USD vs the MP4 that is only about 10 grand more no? Even a 997.2 gt3 is about 120 USD. Do taxes somehow make the MP4 that much more than a Scuderia?

FWIW, I would just buy a 997 cup (which now are only btw 95-130 USD) and hit the track times you are looking at...but that's just me.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Brand new Mp4 is like 675,000 USD here. Since there is no brand new Scuderia anymore, and the only example for sale is asking 340,000 USD. This particular GT3 is around 200,000 USD.

997 Cup wouldn't do the trick because we're looking to compete with street cars (no slicks)

Originally Posted by Sechsgang
A scud is like 160-170 USD vs the MP4 that is only about 10 grand more no? Even a 997.2 gt3 is about 120 USD. Do taxes somehow make the MP4 that much more than a Scuderia?

FWIW, I would just buy a 997 cup (which now are only btw 95-130 USD) and hit the track times you are looking at...but that's just me.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
why don't you get a GTR or used MP4?

Old 11-29-2013, 06:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
Dealers in USA are wholesaling at 175k for non-storied 09 Scuderias, knock 10-20k off that for 08s and maybe a bit more for black ones.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
I would lean towards doing a TT Scud...you can get 800 hp pretty easily and "manageably" ie being able to get usable power down. Out of curiosity, what are GT2 RS' running around there? thats another pretty good platform...

Quick Reply: 430 Scuderia vs GT3 for tracking?