Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

458 vs 991GT3

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 04:40 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
nigoape1 is an unknown quantity at this point
458 vs 991GT3

hi everyone...

i'm in a stage of considering a 2nd hand 2011 458 or a brand new 991 GT3..and my question is will the performsnce on GT3 get anywhere near the 458??the PDK system interests me cos the place where i live always have traffic jams so a semi auto vehicle will do its job.the vehicle will be my daily car.

pls advise

Old 12-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Ferrari 458 Italia Spider vs Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997 facelift)

The new 991 is as fast as the 997 GT3...so the new 991GT3 might be as fast as the 458.

Anyway on the street doesn't matter since you ain't using 100% of the car all the time (if any time...).

Buy the one you like the most. Slighly better performance is not so important IMO.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura about
why not get a 991 turbo? gt3 would probably ride like hell..

Old 01-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
Both are great but it would be easier to DD a Porsche. I'd still choose the Ferrari though.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't driven a gt3 but they tell me the ride is pretty harsh. IMO I don't see either of them being DD'ers

Old 01-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
I think the new 991 turbo is what you are looking for. The GT3s have never been a very good daily, absolutely you can drive it everyday without any problems but the ride is kinda harsh when your just cruising to the store or work.

The 991 GT3 might be a better ride compared to the 997 , who nows. I hope its not because the hardcore feeling is the whole charm of a GT car. Anyway, Its hard to give you advice on a car that is not released yet. All i know is that the 458 is a hell of car

Old 01-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
Or try an Audi R8 V10. It's got the looks and sounds you're probably looking for. It also performs pretty damn well on the track and is comfortable enough to not be able to differentiate it from a A6.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sideways_swe
I think the new 991 turbo is what you are looking for. The GT3s have never been a very good daily, absolutely you can drive it everyday without any problems but the ride is kinda harsh when your just cruising to the store or work.

The 991 GT3 might be a better ride compared to the 997 , who nows. I hope its not because the hardcore feeling is the whole charm of a GT car. Anyway, Its hard to give you advice on a car that is not released yet. All i know is that the 458 is a hell of car
Agreed TT is the better daily by far.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'd have to say get the 911 Turbo. The GT3 will be a harsh ride and the new Turbo goes 0-60 in 2.7 seconds! As for the handling, its a Porsche! You know it can do its job, ride comfortably, and should work as a great daily. On the other hand.....

Originally Posted by SpeedEvo
Or try an Audi R8 V10. It's got the looks and sounds you're probably looking for. It also performs pretty damn well on the track and is comfortable enough to not be able to differentiate it from a A6.
This. I've heard R8's are the Supercar DD to have. The ride comfort is excellent and they can perform.

Just some opinions. If you ask me, I think those are 2 better choices from the Ferrari as far as DDing goes. But test them all and choose the one you love. Good luck and keep us posted on your choice.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
I had same consideration - I went 458 and never looked back. The car still gives me positive anxiety every time I start it up!!
If you want some feedback on the vehicle please let me know

Quick Reply: 458 vs 991GT3