Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Some pics of my F430 & Turbo Cab.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Teamspeed Member
ALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LAZY TURBO
why was it banned??
Due to regulations about safety and not providing enough protection for some women and children when not strapped in a correct position on the racing seats. They had to modify it to meet safety issues.

I think that was the reason I read somewhere. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
STRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Due to regulations about safety and not providing enough protection for some women and children when not strapped in a correct position on the racing seats. They had to modify it to meet safety issues.

I think that was the reason I read somewhere. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Close. It's not really about women, the way someone is strapped in or protection. But you're right about the "safety issues" part.

It has to do w/ the air-bag sensor that is mounted in the bottom of all passenger seats now. The one that tells the airbag (in the dash) if there is a small child (I think it's for approx. 30-40lbs) in the seat not to inflate the air-bag.

The seats werent really banned. Ferrari could have kept the seats but they said they had no way of installing the air-bag sensor in the racing seats & doing the DOT air-bag tests without costing them a huge amount of money so they just stopped making them. Makes sense $ wise anyway considering they've already designed seats for the 430's replacement, why go back and re-design something that is just being replaced anyway.

Kinda silly considering it only mattered if you were dumb enough to put a 2 or 3 yr old child in the front passenger seat. It's already illegal to do so in NY w/ a child under 7 yrs old. Think other states have the same/similar laws.

Last edited by STRADALE; 06-16-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
STRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of lightSTRADALE is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DJ
Tom I have a feeling you have the only USA 430 spec'd this way, it's great to have a one-of-a-kind man!

Friends call me Gregg. "Tom"'s okay too though.

THANKS MAN!

I think it may be one of a kind too.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
breathtaking 430, Gregg! Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by The Credit Man
Tom, it was nice to see the kids in your beautiful Cab. Family makes the car stuff even more fun! Love your 430 as well!

Happy Fathers' Day everyone!

Thanks! the kids come along in the cab whenever we can. It was one of the reasons for buying a Turbo Cab vs. say another 2 seater like the F430. We're trying to take it all in now before they get a little older, can take care of themselves & only want to be around their friends instead of being around mom & dad.

Happy Fathers day to you too!!

Old 06-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice great looking car. Awesome pics.