Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Will the CS / Scuderia ever begin to increase in value?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 02:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
Will the CS / Scuderia ever begin to increase in value?

I was just thinking about this the other day and wondering to myself whether either of these cars will begin to increase in value over time and if so, when?

That isn't necessarily to say that they will surpass their original MSRPs but as collector editions one day maybe they will come close?

Seeing as how so far both seem to be showing a steady decrease in price does anyone believe that at a certain age that will stop?

I can understand it being yes because both are limited production, hardcore cars but at the same time no because neither are exactly the most iconic Ferrari ever put out.

What are your thoughts?

Old 06-02-2011, 02:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
I think the CS has or close to the low... the Scudi has some ways to go before hitting rock bottom
Will they appreciate not anytime soon in my view

Old 06-02-2011, 02:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
I think the CS has or close to the low... the Scudi has some ways to go before hitting rock bottom
Will they appreciate not anytime soon in my view
As Hani said. You're going to wait a looong time (15 years+) for the Scud to start appreciating again. The production numbers also aren't in it's favor. Apparently they made 3500+ Scud's (including 16M).

The CS has started to stabilize in price, but I still think another 5 years before they start appreciating. Not sure on the production numbers, but it was in the 1200 odd region.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
No. Too many made. They may start to trend up slightly but it won't be multiples of inflation to make it worthwhile.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
No. Too many made. They may start to trend up slightly but it won't be multiples of inflation to make it worthwhile.
This. The CS has a chance to increase, the Scud has almost no chance.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Teamspeed Member
Rascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the roughRascasse is a jewel in the rough
Buying a car based on future worth is never a good idea. Buy it because you like it.

There were far too many Scuds made. It was more of a 'package' than a limited run of cars, like the CS. 3500+ Scuds vs ~1200 CS'. You do the math. If you keep your cars a long time, the CS has the better chance. It already is gaining traction and a cult following.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Mike S
As Hani said. You're going to wait a looong time (15 years+) for the Scud to start appreciating again. The production numbers also aren't in it's favor. Apparently they made 3500+ Scud's (including 16M).

The CS has started to stabilize in price, but I still think another 5 years before they start appreciating. Not sure on the production numbers, but it was in the 1200 odd region.
What if we exclude the 16M? Sure the Scud coupes will struggle but I get this strange feeling that the 16M will have a Barchetta/Superamerica effect.

Originally Posted by Rascasse
Buying a car based on future worth is never a good idea. Buy it because you like it.
Trust me, I absolutely love the CS. It is by far one of my favorite Ferraris ever. When I can afford one I will get one. Appreciation in price will just be a nice extra. I was just curious about it.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:02 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
NO

Scud's numbers world wide were close to 4000 units not including the 600-700 whatever Ferrari finally made of the 16m's and NO Guys they didn't just make the 499 they say they did. These numbers and constant bigger and better models coming out will keep these cars depreciating. They will slowly now and they won't drop near as fast as they did during the last 2 years of our depression but they will still depreciate. The 458 is actually helping them stabilize. 300k plus new cars that aren't 100k better cars aren't selling as fast as Ferrari would like therefore the Scuds have retained some better value over the last 6 months. Will they ever be worth more than 200k-235k as they sit now? No

CS's are a bit different. 1272 made 365 for the US market of which several units have crashed or left our shores. These cars have more of the Iconic cult following the OP asks. They took massive hits on depreciation as well over the last 2 years. Best examples 2 years ago were still trading close to MSRP 5 years after they were new. They have taken the 25-35% hit on value just like the Scud did with most cars now trading in the 120-145 range. 145 for a very select Launch color car with lower mileage. Some guys dreaming are still asking in the 160's but that's not reality on these cars. Cars are selling well before that high water mark.

Expect 140-145k for a well maintained CS vs 215k 2 years ago.

CS's with this Iconic cult following will also depreciate slower. They will find a bottom I believe about 20% less and they will most likely sit for a decade in that line. If they drop that much! Most CS's are 2nd to 5th Ferrari's in collections and get very little road time. I've driven mine 6 times in over 2 years. Wrong or right the typical CS owner has more than one car to exercise on the weekend. Lower use/mileage will help CS's maintain value over the years vs the heavier used Scuds.

So to answer your question the CS has the most possibility of gaining value in the future but I doubt it will be in the next 10 years.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The CS may be the best value on the secondary market right now.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ +1. That and a GT3, IMO. Can't beat them.

Quick Reply: Will the CS / Scuderia ever begin to increase in value?