Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

New member needs advice - 360CS or Scud?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Scud

Old 05-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
$25k price difference? Scud without a doubt

Old 05-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Scud

Old 05-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
The scud would have to be TdF/Cream or Cuilo (sp?) for me to take ti over any CS.

my $.02 tho!

Old 05-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
A friend of mine has a CS and I just love the way it looks and sounds but if I compared to my car.... hhhmmm I think I will take the Scudis looks and feel but would love to have the CSs sound

To my understanding there are about 5 or 7 CS in the Gulf that are Gulf Spec and one too many Scudiz... (Bahrain dealer alone sold 7 or 9 Scuderias) So if it was me looking to get one of these today... I would go for the CS cause there are less of them (in the world and in the GCC) and maybe later on get the Scudi (in addition or in place of the CS) when it falls in price even more

Old 05-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Plumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enough
Thanks a lot guys.. Great to get views from ppl who have experienced both cars. There are clearly those of you who prefer the Scud, especially given the price difference.

To put things in perspective, there are a number of relatively low mile Scuds (eg upto km10k) in the GCC asking between $150-165k.

For me, looks, sound and 'rawness' probably have a bit more weighting than overall performance today. Keep in mind this will be my first F-Car so i'll need something to look forward to! The CS has an advantage there. So it'll come down to finding a GCC spec'd CS that will justify an acceptable price difference. Otherwise Scud it is!!

Old 05-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Captain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
A friend of mine has a CS and I just love the way it looks and sounds but if I compared to my car.... hhhmmm I think I will take the Scudis looks and feel but would love to have the CSs sound

To my understanding there are about 5 or 7 CS in the Gulf that are Gulf Spec and one too many Scudiz... (Bahrain dealer alone sold 7 or 9 Scuderias) So if it was me looking to get one of these today... I would go for the CS cause there are less of them (in the world and in the GCC) and maybe later on get the Scudi (in addition or in place of the CS) when it falls in price even more
totally agree with hani on this, scud is faster on the track more refined, if ur looking for sound and a raw ride CS.. depends what your looking for

Old 05-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
There's nothing here that hasn't already been said about those two cars. Both are completely different beasts from what I've experienced. I can tell you that the maintenance costs might be higher for the CS because it's belt driven and has to be changed periodically so that's something to keep in mind. The Scuderia is chain driven. For me, I chose to go with the Scud because I love the way it combines modern technologies with the raw nature of the CS. In the end, the Scud isn't quite as raw but still every bit as fun. I love both!

Old 05-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
If you aren't about speed and quickness go for CS

The scud is better at everything

I choose the scud over CS 9 of 10 times if I go on a drive and really shouldn't

The CS costs more to maintain but will lose less in depreciation over time so that makes cost of ownership edge to the CS for now

Scuds are close to bottom on the steep depreciation they took but will still fall some

The 458 popularity isn't all what Ferrari anticipated and 90% of owners it seems are brand new to Ferrari, this tells me the original Ferrari owners will hold onto their 430's of any variety because they don't care for a 150k bump in cost for not enough vroom vroom or feel

This reason will keep the older cars on a slower scale drop in value

Buy a CS and love it. Don't give a crap that others are faster enjoy the car for what it is. It sounds like you are sold on the looks

Old 05-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
I don't have any experience with either, but I would expect the maintenance on the CS to cause the price to eventually surpass the Scud

Quick Reply: New member needs advice - 360CS or Scud?