Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Ferrari to offer general maintenance for first seven years of the car's life

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 01:36 AM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
And to add on to this they should improve quality. Specifically their paint jobs.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Wow!!!

Old 04-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Nice idea to gain more customers. The 458 is already owned by about 80% first time Ferrari buyers because old customers aren't biting anymore. I'm guessing this will grab a few but hindsight the 7 years of service is about $5k total for "mandatory" stuff so Ferrari is just giving in on a little of my guess 150k in profit on the 458.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:57 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Taylor Guitars You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Taylor Guitars You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Taylor Guitars You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Taylor Guitars You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Taylor Guitars You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Taylor Guitars You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Taylor Guitars You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Taylor Guitars You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Taylor Guitars You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Taylor Guitars You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Taylor Guitars You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Love to see this!

Old 04-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Teamspeed Member
raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm really glad they did this AFTER I bought my car.
Just great.

I think it shows that they expect the newer cars to be far more reliabable.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:32 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
That's pretty good.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Nice idea to gain more customers. The 458 is already owned by about 80% first time Ferrari buyers because old customers aren't biting anymore. I'm guessing this will grab a few but hindsight the 7 years of service is about $5k total for "mandatory" stuff so Ferrari is just giving in on a little of my guess 150k in profit on the 458.
This!

Old 04-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute

Is 150k per car an accurate estimate of the profits? I have always wondered, but never known. I would have guessed much less.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Is 150k per car an accurate estimate of the profits? I have always wondered, but never known. I would have guessed much less.
My guess is it costs Ferrari less than 100k to produce the new cars.

I remember reading somewhere that a Murci at the time in the early 2000's cost in the $80k range to produce.

This is speculation and only Ferrari really knows.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
^this. Just another way to get new customers.

Quick Reply: Ferrari to offer general maintenance for first seven years of the car's life