Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Novitec Supercharged Scud

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
cortwagner will become famous soon enoughcortwagner will become famous soon enoughcortwagner will become famous soon enoughcortwagner will become famous soon enoughcortwagner will become famous soon enoughcortwagner will become famous soon enoughcortwagner will become famous soon enoughcortwagner will become famous soon enoughcortwagner will become famous soon enoughcortwagner will become famous soon enough
Novitec Supercharged Scud

Did not know what to expect heading into the weekend. I got the call to drive a 430 Scuderia with Novitec's high horsepower version of their supercharger kit at the 1st ever Global Tuner Grand Prix at Laguna Seca. I was excited as I thought this car was going to be a real contender for winning the street tuner class at the Global Tuner Grand Prix.

First session, I thought wow, this kit is really seamless and well sorted, it delivers the power in the same manner the stock motor does, puling hard all the way to red line in each gear. Shifting, throttle inputs, deceleration, all perfect, it just felt like a REALLY fast version of a Scud.

2nd session, We worked on the chassis a bit more, trying to find more grip from the new Pirelli Trofeo Cup's, unfortunately, they were sent to us in stock tread depth and not shaved, the car literally overwhelmed them with all that bhp. Even with this, we were quickest in every session but had an ACR Viper with HUGE Michelin cups and a Sharkwerks Porsche nipping at our heals.

Where it got interesting is on the 3rd practice, we finally burned off all the finest of California's 91 octane junk fuel in the tank and were able to put some 97 octane fuel in.

HOLEY SMOKES.......this thing became a missile, it literally must of made an additional 100 bhp, it lit the wheels up exiting every corner, any gear at any time, even out of turn 11, I was able to Pull out and whip by any competitor, the thing was seriously fast. I was really impressed, I have to say this thing would pull my CGT in a BIG way, and I hate admitting that.....

Unfortunately however, this was not to be our weekend, we were the car to beat, and we got beat, kind of. The car ran flawlessly every session, and on the 3 lAp time trial, it threw a code on the dash, went to limp mode, and I drove it straight to the garage. I had no interest in hurting this magnificent machine and played it very safe.

Overall, I came away thinking, wow, what a great weekend, how lucky I was to have experienced such a great event, and SHAZAM, that twin screw scud really Impressed me, I mean I have not driven a street car short of a Veyron that would beat that thing.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
So like, wheres the pics?

Old 11-02-2010, 11:47 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Yep the Scuddy Albert Pilots is a beast! OP added a pic for you

Old 11-02-2010, 11:53 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
The engine on this thing looks ridiculous!

I think this is the same one?

Old 11-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
Insane!

Old 11-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Great write up. After proper camber and toe adjustments did it help with the understeer in the scud at all? 700hp pushing that front end around I can't imagine you were able to get power down with any turn in the wheel. It has to be so much different than the challenge cars you drive with such a different suspension set up. Glenwood had set my scud up that weekend for two days on the track as well but didn't get enough camber in the front to take full advantage of the Trofeo's I was running. It also didn't help that it was cold and wet enough that I couldn't get enough heat in the tires.

Albert's Novitec is a rocket. I'm hoping he sets up another track session with that thing I'd love to run it a few laps. You really smoked Laguna with that stock setup, no belts or roll cage. Great job too bad for the mechanicals

For those wanting shots of the Novitec car here's one with mine last year down in Oregon

Attached Images  
Old 11-03-2010, 06:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
if u have to modify a ferrari, novitec is the one to do it.

Originally Posted by cortwagner
Did not know what to expect heading into the weekend. I got the call to drive a 430 Scuderia with Novitec's high horsepower version of their supercharger kit at the 1st ever Global Tuner Grand Prix at Laguna Seca. .....

Old 11-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
What a beast! Great writeup and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:27 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ferrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond repute
Nice review!

Quick Reply: Novitec Supercharged Scud