Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

599GTB trade for 458 Italia?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 02:33 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
dk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond repute
599GTB trade for 458 Italia?

Guys,
i bought my first ferrari last year. picked up a 2007 599 GTB with 500 miles on it. I thoroughly enjoyed her last season as she has approximately 4600 miles on the odometer. I really enjoyed the fact that i could drive her everyday in comfort. I am now possibly looking to trade it in for a 458 Italia. Although the 458 looks fantastic from everything I've read, the 599GTB was the Mac Daddy ferrari in my book. In addition, i would probably have to pony up another $60K. Just wanted to get some feedback on what you guys thought. thanks.
David

Old 04-27-2010, 02:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
My opinion

downgrade in terms of:
engine
comfort
exclusivity (maybe not at the outset, but further down the line)

upgrade in terms of:
handling

The 458 is really the bottom of the range ferrari, it is smaller, less comfortable, less powerful and will be less desirable once the deliveries really start. They will announce a spyder and scuderia version soon enough, which will push down further its exclusivity.

The only reason I would consider it is to try the newest Ferrari product, but that feeling is fleeting. Do you want to live with a 458 for a year or 2?

What about waiting for a 599 GTO?

Old 04-27-2010, 02:53 AM
YellowScuderia is infamous around these partsYellowScuderia is infamous around these partsYellowScuderia is infamous around these partsYellowScuderia is infamous around these partsYellowScuderia is infamous around these partsYellowScuderia is infamous around these partsYellowScuderia is infamous around these partsYellowScuderia is infamous around these partsYellowScuderia is infamous around these partsYellowScuderia is infamous around these partsYellowScuderia is infamous around these parts
458 !

Old 04-27-2010, 03:49 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep the 599...

Old 04-27-2010, 04:09 AM
Because I said so.
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely not. The 599 looks WAY better.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
if i were you, I'd keep the 599.
and then later on trade it with a GTO

Old 04-27-2010, 05:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
They are such very different cars in every way.

The 599 is the big boy Ferrari with the Enzo engine in it.

The 458 has all of the cutting edge technology.

I would consider moving from a 599 to a 458 a downgrade in comfort.

The real solution is to have them both. They really compliment each other very well.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:26 AM
Teamspeed Member
flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
IMO I'd Keep the 599 since you already bought it, keep the spare change in your pocket for a later time.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:30 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
The greatest GT car in the world for the hideous entry-level F-car? Not in a million years!

Old 04-27-2010, 05:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Tristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura about
Seriously wait for the GTO... my god that this is sex. 458 is nice but I think they will be far more common and in my opinion, ugly. Until I see one in person at least.

Quick Reply: 599GTB trade for 458 Italia?