Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

458 lap time at Fiorano race track

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 04:22 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
458 lap time at Fiorano race track

EVO published these numbers.

458 Italia: 1:25:00

And for comparison.

Enzo: 1.24:90
Scud: 1:23:90

Scud is much faster and my question would be why it is so. Italia has much power, normal weight, all those new features, new gearbox and it is still slower, that was not the outcome I expected.

But all Scuderia owners can be happy and proud for their car.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
esthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond repute
One of the other major things it could and probably did come down to was a more race oriented suspension setting in the scud. Surprisingly none the less though as I was expecting the 458 to be quicker too.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Teamspeed Member
belfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant futurebelfiglio has a brilliant future
EVO specify the form and state that the tests were done.

Take into account that in order to compare three machines that all need to have the same conditions, such as:

- Time of year in which the test was performed (winter, summer);
- Conditions of the ramp (with rain, hot, very hot, etc.);
- Mark of used tires (Pirelli, Michelin and Bridgestone);
- It was the same pilot who took the test (the Top Gear and the Stig and a good example of how a test should be performed correctly).

If the speed tests were conducted with all the machines at the same time, yes it is valid.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ That is a Great point you made. Yes i was also expecting the 458 Italia, i guess we will have to wait until Ferrari releases offical times and see if they are the same as EVO's

Old 10-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Probably tires are a major factor...no?

Old 10-18-2009, 03:56 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
That was not a test by EVO, that was official lap time Ferrari told them. All points are correct, but I guess Ferrari test team know all that much better and if there was any possibilites to improve the time, Ferrari would post this time. There was a comparison between official lap times of 3 models.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:26 AM
Teamspeed Member
Lamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud of
well if you compare the f430 and the stradale challenge the f430 is faster, i think. I say wait until they make a track version of the 458 italia and then you can compare the timing of that car with the scudi. That's how i see it.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
is it faster than the 430? do they really want the basic model to be faster than the enzo and scud? it's not like the lap time will lose them sales, I would wager a good number of 458 buyers will be buying the name not regardless of performance.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:48 AM
Teamspeed Member
georgeshayek has a reputation beyond reputegeorgeshayek has a reputation beyond reputegeorgeshayek has a reputation beyond reputegeorgeshayek has a reputation beyond reputegeorgeshayek has a reputation beyond reputegeorgeshayek has a reputation beyond reputegeorgeshayek has a reputation beyond reputegeorgeshayek has a reputation beyond reputegeorgeshayek has a reputation beyond reputegeorgeshayek has a reputation beyond reputegeorgeshayek has a reputation beyond repute
loving my scud

Old 10-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
The 360 bested the 355, and the 430 matched the challenge stradale's time so i'm suprised that wasn't repeated.

Quick Reply: 458 lap time at Fiorano race track