Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Still Beautiful.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
BritBlaster will become famous soon enoughBritBlaster will become famous soon enoughBritBlaster will become famous soon enoughBritBlaster will become famous soon enoughBritBlaster will become famous soon enoughBritBlaster will become famous soon enoughBritBlaster will become famous soon enoughBritBlaster will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Kuzi
You got one coming Paul?

I've been told....from a very good source in not so uncertain words.......that I pretty much have NO CHANCE IN HELL of getting one...........at least not at MSRP. 100k-150k over. Oh well.........after some time in the CGT.........OH how I miss a manual tranny!! I know a lot of us have been back and forth on this exact subject.........especially over on Fchat. But man, I'm telling you.........I don't think I could give up a manual tranny or at least not have one in my stable at this point. And its not about the perfect heel toe, or anything else like that...........its just it feeeeeels so good to shift the darn thing myself and control the revs myself.
Yessir; at least I have my order in. I've been told this year. We'll see -- I won't believe it until my grubby lil' mitt holds a key. I don't really want to let myself believe it, because the waiting will kill me. I am desperate for one...

Maybe your solution would be to trade in your two CS's for one Scuderia -- and have it painted half red and half-yellow

Originally Posted by vincentdds
I agree 100%. Scud will set a new standard for Ferrari just like the CS did 4yrs ago. However, the demands for these cars are much more so than the CS when it first came out. That, to me speaks volumes.
Any case, I hope you're getting one as well Brit.
I was offered a CS in 2004. I politely turned it down and said "no thanks". I, along with a lot of other people at the time, didn't "get it". Noisier, no carpets, harsh suspension and more expensive ? Gimme a break! Anyway, it took quite a while for the buzz to build about the car and for people to realize that the Challenge Stradale was much more than the sum of its parts, that it really is a very special car, something that epitomizes for many what a "real" Ferrari should be. I didn't expect to buy one, even prior to a test drive a couple of years later. But one drive -- and I had to have it.

I think that because of the CS, the 430S is now viewed in the light that this is the next "special" Ferrari, and people just "get it" now. It's hard to explain to someone that's not driven a 360 and a CS back-to-back what makes the CS "better" -- it's a 99% feeling/emotional thing.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Trust me Paul, I've thought of that exact scenario. But the very thought of giving up the "twins" just doesn't compute in my brain. Plus they look soooo good next to their big brother!

Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
BritBlaster will become famous soon enoughBritBlaster will become famous soon enoughBritBlaster will become famous soon enoughBritBlaster will become famous soon enoughBritBlaster will become famous soon enoughBritBlaster will become famous soon enoughBritBlaster will become famous soon enoughBritBlaster will become famous soon enough
Trust me Paul, I've thought of that exact scenario. But the very thought of giving up the "twins" just doesn't compute in my brain. Plus they look soooo good next to their big brother!
If you had one Scuderia instead of two CSs, it would leave one spot in the garage for a future addition...

To quote the great Derek Trotter, "You know it makes sense!" ... Kushty!

Old 02-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BritBlaster
If you had one Scuderia instead of two CSs, it would leave one spot in the garage for a future addition...

To quote the great Derek Trotter, "You know it makes sense!" ... Kushty!
I've got one more Lift coming so I should have plenty of room...........to my wifes dismay

Old 02-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
what a pair!

Old 02-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
DON"T LET HIM SUCK YOU IN lolllll.... 2 Strad's are better then one Scud

And Paul, the 99% emotional thing is 100% correct.. Even within the Porsche's and their GT/RS counterpart's, sometimes more isn't always BETTER

Martin

Old 02-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
By the end of this year there'll be 300+ guys with a Scud. How many out there owns twin CS?

Old 02-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vincentdds
By the end of this year there'll be 300+ guys with a Scud. How many out there owns twin CS?

seriously eh ? One question Kuzi, how the heck did you swing two of the same car past the Mrs ? teach me !

Old 02-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
seriously eh ? One question Kuzi, how the heck did you swing two of the same car past the Mrs ? teach me !
ya how did you do it

Probably I am the last person to ask

Old 02-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
ya how did you do it

Probably I am the last person to ask

Its a good thing you added that last line...

Quick Reply: Still Beautiful.......