Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Pagani Huayra Top Gear (Spoiler Alert)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 04:32 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
You do not seem to have any issues with being kind to pagani.

So why dont you throw them an email.

And ask what you wanna ask..

Whatever that might be..

As they said that they are Zonda R tires modified..but road legal.

I guess you want to debate them on the road legality.

Just be sure to find out what makes a tire road legal before you go on debating them

Old 02-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Artist, don't you find it interesting that the first mention of three different available tires for the Huayra was today, after everyone started poking around?

Any problem I have with Pagani is limited to this case. I wouldn't expect much more than we've gotten, were I to ask them directly. They pretty much admitted what I've been saying though.

I don't know what the requirements for a street legal tire are in the UK. But I have to imagine that it involves more than cutting grooves in a racing slick. I'll guess that the number of Huayras shipped with these so-called "Trofeo" tires will be exceedingly small. Like close to zero.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
There you go Matt, if you had taken my offer of the Pagani phone numbers earlier you could have got the response from Pagani yourself rather than Jalopnik getting it badly worded as usual.

As promised earlier in this thread I said I would concede my stance if you were able to provide absolute proof that the tyres were not street legal. So let me just say for the record that I think you may well be right in this case.

But with one small proviso. As has been stated The Zonda R from day one has acted as a test platform for the Huayra, the suspension is the same and the tyres have had very similar compounds. Now the question I will ask is would the tyres as seen on the test car pass DOT tests, if they have not done so already? I suspect they would but I will wait for clarification.

By the way have you ever considered a side career in investigative car journalism?

Last edited by streetrod454; 02-27-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:50 PM
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
^12 cars were ordered with the track package.
Thats all i know..

And i do find it interesting..very much so..

To bad no one of us has the money to order a Huayra..
Leatherfoot was thinking about it..

Maybe he could see if its really possible to get those tires for his huayra..

Other than that..i guess this is where it ends

Its been fun and i must commend you on your investigatory skills.

REP

Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 PM
ABK
Teamspeed Junior Member
ABK has a spectacular aura aboutABK has a spectacular aura aboutABK has a spectacular aura aboutABK has a spectacular aura aboutABK has a spectacular aura aboutABK has a spectacular aura aboutABK has a spectacular aura aboutABK has a spectacular aura aboutABK has a spectacular aura aboutABK has a spectacular aura aboutABK has a spectacular aura about
Nice check out worldcarfans.com congrats mattjs33 ur the sherlock holmes of teamspeed

Old 02-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by elhimiel
Maybe I am an idiot my friend but you are the one who have called me names in not just this topic but others as well. I am not surprised racism is in your clever repertoar and it needs no further explanation. Congratulations on being so smart, says camel jockey. I'll leave you to it!

]
I can’t believe you did it again, how on earth can you take this statement:
Maybe I can forgive your resentment because you live in a desert country with no race or car history, only one decent track and no motorsport industry of any significance.

And then say its racist??? Forgive me if I am wrong but the last time I looked you were a desert nation which has no real race or car history. These are just statements of fact. How on earth is that a racist comment?

Oh and by the way, as a "BLACK" man of Caribbean origin, I think I know what racism is....

As for calling people names, please... just go back and review your own statements on here

Old 02-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by streetrod454
There you go Matt, if you had taken my offer of the Pagani phone numbers earlier you could have got the response from Pagani yourself rather than Jalopnik getting it badly worded as usual.
Thank you for that, but personally I don't think I would have extracted much usable information in that manner. Certainly not now. I doubt I'll be on the invite list for a factory tour any time soon.

As promised earlier in this thread I said I would concede my stance if you were able to provide absolute proof that the tyres were not street legal. So let me just say for the record that I think you may well be right in this case.
Yes you did, and you are a man of your word. Would rep but you know the saying...

But with one small proviso. As has been stated The Zonda R from day one has acted as a test platform for the Huayra, the suspension is the same and the tyres have had very similar compounds. Now the question I will ask is would the tyres as seen on the test car pass DOT tests, if they have not done so already? I suspect they would but I will wait for clarification.
Honestly I don't know. Despite everyone thinking this matter has been concluded, I'm going to try to find out. I know there are a lot of markings on the sidewall of a DOT approved tire; I assume they're not for decoration. As for across the pond, maybe some help from others more versed in that than I would be in order?

By the way have you ever considered a side career in investigative car journalism?
Funny you mention that, I used to dream of working for Car and Driver when I was young. The family business sucked me in though. That's okay, I get to think cars all day here too.

PS: "Investigative car journalism" is probably not a big enough field to keep one busy!

Old 02-27-2013, 05:10 PM
^ohh but i think it is big enough to keep you busy forever

There is some shady shit going on in this industry..

Old 02-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by The Artist
To bad no one of us has the money to order a Huayra..
You think they would sell me one? Where's that lottery ticket...

Other than that..i guess this is where it ends
Not quite yet, I've got some homework to do...

Its been fun and i must commend you on your investigatory skills.
Thank you, I will say it has. There's been some sparring in there but mostly everyone behaved as gentlemen. Stay tuned though, in case I come up with more.

Repped you the other day so that's all you get...

Old 02-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
YTaka has a little shameless behaviour in the past
^they just admitted that its the Zonda R tyre..cut and modified which explains everything we have seen from the pictures..
Along with the fact that they indeed are street legal.

The only thing they did wrong is that they said it was the Corsa when it was the trofeo.. to expose the trofeo more to the media..probably as a deal with Pirelli.

Or you can just call it all BS and assume that they are lying about the legality of the tire..

Thats up to you.. or anyone else to judge.

Me being the SHILL i am..i trust pagani that they are street legal..
But sure as hell optimized..and used to break the record and make the fastest time possible.
And i cant hold that against them.. competitiveness is great.. as long as its not cheating.
And i do not think that tire is street illegal.

And no one can prove that it is or isn't.

Either you choose to trust Pagani or you dont!

PS
Does anyone have any insight to what the process is to legalize a tire?
Pagani got caught and they are trying to cover it up.

You can't turn a racing slick into a street legal tire but cutting tread into it. The compound and radials are not road legal.

It's funny how Pagani gets caught, and all they have to do is make a statement. Why not just send some proof to end this once and for all? It's because they don't have any and they're hoping that because their Pagani, people will just trust them.

Think about it, if they lied about this, why do you think they would just tell the truth all of a sudden?

Modified Zonda R slick, lmfao.

Quick Reply: Pagani Huayra Top Gear (Spoiler Alert)