Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 11:55 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
Imo Schaud has come into his own now...hes a legit UFC fighter after that performance...Gonzaga looked terrible...
You called this one across the board. Schaub has damn sure put some time in. He totally took Gonzaga apart. Frankly, you could argue that Schaub was just so good last night that Gonzaga, even in best form, could not start his game.

Schaub answered for everything that Gonzaga tried, which wasn't much; and took the fight to him totally.

Very impressive.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:02 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
Props to CV... That being said, I still don't think anyone beats Brock twice in a row! I think unlike most fighters he looks at this career as a WAR not a battle, he doesnt mind loosing here and there because he knows it only makes him better....

All that being said, I think Carwin beats CV for the title. Carwin unlike Brock can stand there and throw with CV and WOW carwin hits HARD!

ps- anyone else noticed how "fixed" the ufc can be at times? And I'm not speaking about the Brock fight.
This will be interesting to see bro.

Lesnar has a fundamental flaw that he has yet to fix. And that is that he instantly turns his back and runs when punches come his way. He drops his head in anticipation of being counter punched every time he throws a punch, he flinches every time a punch may come his way.

He's been killing it in his training for long enough now, that he should have some modicum of striking ability outside of those goofy hammer fists that comprise the overwhelming majority of his striking ability.

It seems as though his camp has hit the bottom, and begun digging on his standard, take down + GnP. Unfortunately, this is something that, despite BL's size, can easily be accounted for. Two fights in a row, show, without a shadow of a doubt that if you can just get a few strikes in, BL crumbles. I haven't seen someone come apart so completely as BL did in the last two fights.

BL only got lucky that Carwin hit his Vo2 max, and the bell rung to save him; or he would have lost his belt in the last fight. A lesson that CV obviously was able to accept full well.

In fact, I'd go so far to say, if BL and Carwin fought again; Carwin wins. He OWNED BL. People fail to realize, big guys, throw with more torque and gas faster, especially when trying to control a guy BL's size; which Carwin did. I had to laugh when BL got up and got cocky after his fight with Carwin. He ran like a bitch, got saved by the bell, and was able to lay, pray, and capitalize on the guy who would have won; had the bell not gotten in the way.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
What a wild night... For the most part, the fights were good. I was surprised with the Lesnar fight - maybe his chin is suspect or Velasquez has really heavy hands. Either way, Cain deserved the win (though his "Brown Pride" tattoo is the latino equivalent of "White Power").

I was hoping to see Diego lose, but he fought well. I was REALLY glad to see Hamill win - that dude is quality and a great human being. Overall I give the night a B+.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali

I was hoping to see Diego lose, but he fought well. I was REALLY glad to see Hamill win - that dude is quality and a great human being. Overall I give the night a B+.
agreed agreed agreed!

Old 10-24-2010, 12:44 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-24-2010, 12:49 PM
TeH Ears
It pains me to say it, but I like this "undertaker" character. I don't follow WWE, but the dude was real.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by chokeu2
It pains me to say it, but I like this "undertaker" character. I don't follow WWE, but the dude was real.
i did some research and people are saying the WWE wants to get Brock vs Undertaker for his farewell at a WRESTLE MANIA or somthing along those lines...i dont followe wwe at all so i dont know what that means lol

Old 10-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
I missed the fight last night. Does anyone know where I can watch it online? Thanks in advance!

Old 10-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
I missed the fight last night. Does anyone know where I can watch it online? Thanks in advance!
BL vs CV

MMA VIDEOS: Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez - Fight Video UFC 121

Usually you can just go to mma share and find all the fight you want, especially if it's from the day before of any event.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tsar
BL vs CV

MMA VIDEOS: Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez - Fight Video UFC 121

Usually you can just go to mma share and find all the fight you want, especially if it's from the day before of any event.
as well as mma-core.com

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!