Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Alonso to Ferrari ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Member
Gary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond repute
Alonso to Ferrari ???

Many of us think that is where he fits best with his personality and driving style.. I am one of us who do...

Spanish bank Santander which is currently the sponsor for McLaren met with Luca at the track last weekend and is now speculated to make the move. They (Santander) have sponsored Alonso in the past and came to McLaren at the same time as Alonso.

However, Eccelstone has come out and said the Alonso move is simply not true..

But I wouldn't trust his take, would you?

More to fuel the rumor mill...

Apr.22 (GMM) Ferrari's fortunes may rise again "if and when" Fernando Alonso joins the famous Italian team.

That is the opinion of David Coulthard, who in his column for the Daily Telegraph newspaper was less than complimentary about the contribution to a formula one team of his former McLaren teammate Kimi Raikkonen.

Maranello based Ferrari is enduring its worst start to a season since 1981, having attended the first three races of 2009 without collecting a single point.

"I don't know Felipe Massa that well, so I can't really comment too much on him, but Raikkonen is a former teammate of mine and the Finn has never shown me he can lead a car's development," Coulthard, now attending grands prix as Red Bull's reserve driver as well as a pundit for British TV, wrote.

"Sure, he has blistering natural speed, but I suspect Ferrari will improve dramatically if and when Fernando Alonso arrives," the Scot added.

It is an open secret in the F1 paddock that Alonso, who currently drives for Renault, has signed some sort of document that could see him move to Ferrari in 2011 or even sooner.

38-year-old Coulthard is not only worried about Ferrari's driver lineup, but also the managerial setup in the period following the departure of imperious boss Jean Todt.

"Team principal Stefano Domenicali is a young, approachable and thoroughly nice man. In formula one, those ingredients do not always work," said the veteran of nearly 250 races.

"His McLaren counterpart, Martin Whitmarsh, may well be suffering from a similar problem. Are these two young, able team leaders tough enough?" Coulthard wonders.

"Kimi Raikkonen would never have been wandering about the pits with a choc-ice and a coke, as he was in Malaysia when the race was still technically in session, had Todt still been in charge," he observed.

Last edited by Gary (FL); 04-30-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't this old news? I thought Santander already left McLaren for Ferrari.

Also, I could definitely see Alonso on Ferrari in the near future, but not before bouth Alonso's, as well as both Ferrari drivers' current contracts are up.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed Member
Gary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Isn't this old news? I thought Santander already left McLaren for Ferrari.

Also, I could definitely see Alonso on Ferrari in the near future, but not before bouth Alonso's, as well as both Ferrari drivers' current contracts are up.
Sorry if I don't get to look at all the F1 news sites daily... I do my best.... I have a life away from F1 too

and I never read it on TS which I use for a good source of news from all you F1 rats....

Last edited by Gary (FL); 04-30-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gary (FL)
Sorry if I don't get to look at all the F1 news sites daily... I do my best.... I have a life away from F1 too

and I never read it on TS which I use for a good source of news from all you F1 rats....
I see you added an updated tidbit to the post. It's all good. I don't have a life aside from school and Teamspeed anyway...

Old 04-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I see you added an updated tidbit to the post. It's all good. I don't have a life aside from school and Teamspeed anyway...
I just count on you guy's for news

Old 04-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Just like how Vettel/Hamilton wouldn't work on McLaren. Alonso/Kimi or Alonso/Masse wouldn't work on Ferrari either. Two drivers that want to be number 1.

If Piquet had his father's techniques he and Alonso could be danger in F1.