Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gt3 semi sequential shifter

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 10:42 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
debitel is an unknown quantity at this point
Gt3 semi sequential shifter

Hi,

I am new to gt3 world, just bought myself first Porsche 2007 gt3. I had bmw 335ci, heavily upgraded before and what a magnificent car a gt3 is, i am amazed.

I see only two problems, understeer, which will be solved with gt2 rear arb and new geo, and shifter. It is like not willing to go into gear everytime, plus I have read one horror story about it. I would also love to have auto blipper since i have pdcc and i can not do heal and toe correctly plus i am afraid my foot would slip off the brake while doing it.

So after a lot of research I came to an idea to install semi sequential shifter:

SQS Racing | SQS-G Porsche

Or

Porsche Tuning by Cartronic Motorsport

Do any of you have any thoughts or experience with it, maybe advice before I make the move? Help would be appreciated.

The story: https://www.brrperformance.com/blog/?page_id=431

Old 03-15-2014, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Don't get me wrong, but I think if you can't shift it properly, the GT3 isn't the right car for you

Old 03-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Shifting is not my problem, but money shift and other things I read about is. I rather minimize the risk...

Old 03-26-2014, 06:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I've had one. Had a couple friends that had em as well. The only reason to have it installed is to be protective of the motor and not do a mis shift. Say from 5th to 2nd by mistake. It's done often. Your tranny won't last long. After some time, the syncro's will go out. Roughly 4k miles or something. It's magnetic, so the tranny can't take it for long. My one drawback is that I can shift way way faster with a regular manual. This SQS is very deliberate and slow. But it's cool and cool looking. The blipper is also cool and it helps.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these parts
debitel a to si ga od klobase kupu

translation in english: too bad pdk is not in 997 gt3 like in 991 gt3

Last edited by TurboMan; 03-27-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by TurboMan

Klobasa je imel belega, moj je crn.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these partsTurboMan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by debitel
Klobasa je imel belega, moj je crn.
sej vem sam me je zanimal če ti veš

Old 07-06-2014, 08:11 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TurboMan

Actually the PDK fits the 991 GT3 Cup just fine. And it did in the 997 as well.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Get with a 911 experienced instructor . You need to modify your driving to maximise the speed in a 911 to suit the weight distribution . Then you will be able to exploit the rear engine balance and you will have more knowledge of how to minimise under steer .

I'd stay well away from shift modifications personally .