Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chris Harris drive's my RS at Sebring!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Chris Harris drive's my RS at Sebring!!

Chris Harris drive's my RS at Sebring!

This was something totally unexpected. I was doing everything to get my car ready for sebring. Paint to match clubsport roll bar, schroth harnesses, 1st time trying endless pads and motul 600 brake fluid, gmg 18in track wheels, shaved ra1's and cup front lip. All these items would be the 1st time I've used any of these products including srp predals and new gloves and shoes. So to have all this and a new RS that I had to get adjusted to was a bit over whelming my 1st session out.

The RS is unbelievable in every way. The power, the gearing (which took some getting use to in having a shift a lot more), the grip and the down-force all put together made me feel like I got myself too much car and I got myself into something I couldn't handle. I was pointing everyone by why I puttered around sebring doing high 2:30's. however, as I got more seat time the dark knight and I started to really gel and i was learning everything about the car. needless to say the times started dwindling down. I ended up getting down to a 2:27 and it was only my 3rd time at sebring and it was extremely hot. All the regulars were 3 to 4 seconds off their fastest laps.

Now just a few garages down Chris Harris is down the way working on a article for excellence magazine comparing exe-tec suspension bits on a gen 1 RS vs a stock gen 1 RS, then they needed a stock gen 2 RS. Now my car wasn't the 1st choice, my buddy who just got his RS was the car Chris was taking out. however, after 1 lap Chris comes in says the toe is out in the right rear and the car was scary on fast left handers. He gets out and low and behold his is spot on. its amazing what pro racers can feel vs us regular DE guys who would've never noticed something like this. well he still needed an RS for some testing so of course I threw him the keys.

Now this is Chris's 1st time at sebring and he allows me to turn my traqmate on to get some very good data. I also have another buddy "trakcar" who has countless laps at sebring and is extremely fast following Chris while he is driving my car.

Here are a few pics of the dark knight before she got down and dirty and the video from "trakcar's" car chasing Chris Harris in my RS. plus some pics of Chris in the car and a couple group shots and the video!

Please enjoy!
Regards,
Jenk12m

YouTube - TRAKCAR GT3RS following CH in Mjenks car.wmv

Last edited by jenk12m; 04-13-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
What!? Can't wait for the vid bro.

BTW, car looks wicked!

edit: there it is.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
So frickin' awesome! Love Chris Harris (no homo).

EDIT: just watched most of the vid. Jeez. CH was hauling ass!

Last edited by bonehead; 04-13-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:34 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
so what did monkey think

Old 04-13-2011, 12:40 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
That video delivers big time!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
So frickin' awesome! Love Chris Harris (no homo).

EDIT: just watched most of the vid. Jeez. CH was hauling ass!
he was hauling ass and he said he wasnt driving all out in someone else's car

Originally Posted by IIVVX
so what did monkey think
Don't know about the monkey part but he loved the .2 RS. He talked about the car being wider in the front and rear which added so much more grip over the .1 RS. the speed, down-force and gearing made it a phenomenal car and way better then the .1 RS. We will see how he puts it in his excellence article

Old 04-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Amazing post, thanks for sharing! Remind us all to look for the article when it comes out.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
vcool

Old 04-13-2011, 03:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic video! Love how evil the car looks.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:43 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Good stuff

Quick Reply: Chris Harris drive's my RS at Sebring!!