Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Exhaust/Headers/ECU Options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Teamspeed's World Racer
EmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond repute
GT3 Exhaust/Headers/ECU Options?

Aight. The time is getting near... I'm ready to up the power on my GT3. I've already set my mind on the Lightweight Flywheel... and am currently researching header/exhaust/ and ecu options.

I'm thinking Fabspeed, Farnbacher or AWE.

What do you guys think?

Old 03-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Emile,

Well be careful with the set ups out there (you can loose power and gain some drone). Our muffler bypass/ECU set up does get a bit more but don't expect to make a lot of power on these motors. let me know if you want to try ours...
SharkWerks Porsche Performance Experts in Northern California (510-651-0300)

and

SharkWerks Porsche Performance Experts in Northern California (510-651-0300)

Old 03-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Teamspeed's World Racer
EmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond repute
Old 03-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EmilGH
You bet and they've done it before a few times Let me know... alex@sharkwerks.com

Old 03-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond repute
The mods that you're suggesting give the best "bang for the buck" in these cars. I went with the AWE/GIAC system (full exhaust/LWFW/ECU) and I am very happy with the results. I agree with Sharky, don't expect a Huge gain, instead I find better/quicker responsiveness, much improved exhaust note (hard to believe, but true) and bullet-proof dependability. Best of luck with whichever system you choose. If you don't mind seeing the "other" site here are my results: A.W.E. Tuning / G.I.A.C. New Product Release. (+19 whp and 20 wheel lb/ft of torque) - 6speedonline.com Forums
Hope I don't get banned for the link!

Old 05-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Former Sponsor
Joey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant future
Here's a video I made with a 997 GT3 equipped with Fabspeed's full performance package. The kit includes sport headers with 200 cell catalytic converters, side muffler bypass pipes, mini maxflo rear resonators and our high performance air intake with a BMC filter. We make +20HP with this system and each product works in conjunction with the stock pieces so you can tailor your sound preference.

YouTube - Porsche 997 GT3 with Fabspeed Performance Package

Old 05-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
I feel kind of stupid discussing this.
The FVD headers, race exhaust, GIAC software and LWFW have generated rwhp gains that no other company has equaled or exceeded.
The FVD headers are not ever even considered in the discussion. I guess they are considered garbage but somehow my GT3 put down 392 rwhp with mid-range gains of 35 rwhp and 41 to 45 lb/ft rw torque.
Peak rwhp gain of 29 rwhp. These were the last dyno results.
Picasa Web Albums - whitney - GT3 Dyno results

Picasa Web Albums - whitney - dymag wheels

http://multimedia.fvd-web.com/FVD111...11199750RS.wmv

The dyno graphs show: green line is stock , red line is FVD headers alone and the blue line is FVD headers with GIAC software.

Actually the more I write again the more ridiculous I feel.
Please consider this product to crap as everyone else does and you would be in the majority.
"F" me.

Cheers and good luck with your selection process.

GT3Ranger

Old 05-22-2008, 12:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to all
FVD is underrated, you should check them out.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:52 PM
DynamicMotoring is an unknown quantity at this point
My top choices in no particular order: GMG, FVD, Fabspeed, Sharkwerks.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Gentlemen I apologize for my comments but this topic has pissed me off for the last time.
So I will just keep my mouth shut from here on out.

GT3Ranger