Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

Spied: 2013 BMW 3-Series Sedan at the Nürburgring

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 09:44 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Spied: 2013 BMW 3-Series Sedan at the Nürburgring

Spied: 2013 BMW 3-Series at the Nürburgring
BMW's 3 is really starting to come into focus

Our spies have caught some of the best pics to date this morning of the upcoming all new BMW 3-Series on the ring today during testing. The proportions of a typical 3-series, evident since the E36 through to the E46 and currently the E90, will remain – meaning squat proportions, short rear overhang and wheels placed to each corner. The overall look will be slimmer and more toned compared to the current 3 series.

Sources indicate the front of the car receives a widened but not too large kidney grille, smaller than at the current 5-series with shapely lighting units surrounding the grille. The rear of the car offers a typical BMW layout with the classic L-shape lighting units.

The Cabrio will retain the folding hardtop as BMW have found today’s model to be the most successful 3-series cabrio ever. Customers also like how the hardtop E93 has successful retained a coherent design instead of sitting under the A-pillar or having the rear end raised to accommodate the roof.

As for powertrains, BMW will add a 2.0-litre, in-line-4 motor to the lineup in addition to its 6 cylinder offerings. There are also rumors that BMW is working on a 3-cylinder motor. Watch for production to start in the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2011.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:25 AM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome, might be my next car. It looks to have nice proportions and stance. I'm liking the front end with short overhangs like the E46. I'll be happy if the final product is an evolution of the E90 with characteristics from the F10 5er. Thanks for the photos, D.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MattFalcon is on a distinguished roadMattFalcon is on a distinguished road
Curious about that 4cyl. I wouldn't want it personally, but maybe it will be the volume seller.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
damn that's big, in the second pic it looks like a 5 series

Old 07-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Teamspeed Member
Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Hopefully the 4-cylinder will be turbocharged at least. If they are indeed considering a 3-cylinder, I can't imagine them selling it in the U.S.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Why are they testing a normal family car on a track?
I don't get it.. I would if it would be for a new BMW M3 Sedan, but this is just weird.

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
damn that's big, in the second pic it looks like a 5 series
I thought the same, but the new 5-series is on the platform of the (old i think) 7-series. My dad bought one, it's really a wide car.