Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

Anyone help with a E46 CD Changer issue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Teamspeed Member
Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Anyone help with a E46 CD Changer issue?

so...

I bought a second hand E46 323Ci on the weekend with an OEM cd changer in the boot.

All was working fine until today- I inserted a CDR with music I'd just burned, turned on the ignition and I just get a constant "CD CHECK" message on the display.

I've tried taking all disks out, putting in just one original manufacturer CD (in each of the 6 slots) but I just get the same message. The display recognises when I take out the cartridge but as soon as it goes back in I get the "CD CHECK" message constantly

I've also tried removing the fuses to the audio system for 20 mins but to no avail.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

TIA

Old 12-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
thiru is infamous around these partsthiru is infamous around these partsthiru is infamous around these partsthiru is infamous around these partsthiru is infamous around these partsthiru is infamous around these partsthiru is infamous around these parts
I've had a couple of CD changers that try and eject the magazine when the button is pressed, but they get stuck, because they wedge on something, s2o they need levering out instead. Which is different from the CDs not playing properly. Is this the same for you?