Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.
View Poll Results: What do you think is best?
Toyota Tundra 5.7
36.36%
Dodge RAM
27.27%
Chevrolet Silverado
9.09%
Other - Please specify
27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Help! WTB: looking for a truck as a DD

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
I hear the new 2010/11 Rams are just amazing, the ride is unlike any other truck and the power in the Hemi allows you to tow just about anything... That being said, the new F150 King Ranch is pretty hard to beat!

Old 06-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant future
I suggest either getting a Ford F250-350, or going with a GMC Sierra!

The Fords are great, durable and with the new engine for 2010, i highly suggest it.

Aside from the Euro Industry, we at TAG Motorsports also specialize in Truck/Off Road builds...

Here is one of our old shop trucks aka "Clifford". It started life as an 08 F350, with a 14" Lift, 24" wheels on 40" Tires... Too many mods to list. Was in Ford's SEMA Booth in 07... haha

Old 06-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean
As a DD? You crazy mang! Those 2500s will rattle your teeth out unloaded!
Meh, I never found them too bad. A little stiff and bumpy. I'd imagine the Denali is a better setup.

I just can't pass the diesel option. Terrific motors and transmissions.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex@TAGMotorsports
I suggest either getting a Ford F250-350, or going with a GMC Sierra!

The Fords are great, durable and with the new engine for 2010, i highly suggest it.

Aside from the Euro Industry, we at TAG Motorsports also specialize in Truck/Off Road builds...

Here is one of our old shop trucks aka "Clifford". It started life as an 08 F350, with a 14" Lift, 24" wheels on 40" Tires... Too many mods to list. Was in Ford's SEMA Booth in 07... haha

Just never understood this approach. No offense intended.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
i have an 08 ram 1500 and its great, i use it as a dd and im very pleased with the power and the ride. However if i was looking for something brand new that has the towing you need then maybe the silverado

Old 06-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ara
Ford SVT Raptor...
Ding ding - you have picked the winner!

The Raptor is a sick piece of gear... Plus you could go off-roading on the sand dunes if you get bored!

Old 06-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
a chevy/gmc 2500 gas is a good all around truck. the brakes and everything on the truck will last years longer than a 1500.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Other.

or if you can wait...

Old 06-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ara
Ford SVT Raptor...
Agreed 100 percent.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
if you need a DD to pull some truck duty, get Toyota. its smooth and civilized. but then again, noone builds trucks like american. either or, good luck

Quick Reply: Help! WTB: looking for a truck as a DD