Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Largest private collection in Africa

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 02:17 AM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely amazing. Thanks for posting those, Mike.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
If I come visit South Africa, the first place I want to go visit is THIS museum! Wow..! Speechless to the nth degree!

Reminds me of the Nethercutt Museum in Sylmar, CA. That was also an IMPRESSIVE collection as well.

Not too long ago, I came across a F50 that was crashed because the owner was talking on the cell phone and didn't see the Ford SUV in front of him. The hood alone was over $20k and there was only 2 or 3 left in the world so it doesn't surprise me to hear that some o the parts for the F50 had to be fabricated from scratch. Needless to say..it was also an expensive repair.

Last edited by atomic80; 06-08-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:01 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
That is a cryin shame

Last year at my daughter's school they brought in some cars from Nethercutt for Grandparent's Day. It was awesome!

Old 06-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
thanks for the pictures. and i love the 288 GTO

Old 06-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Mike this is by far one of the finest overall collections I have ever seen. Wow.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
More photos. I got to see the McLaren in person. That car is an absolute masterpiece!

Superamerica.

He has so many variations of the 250, I got confused.

I'll post up a couple more a little later today.
Out of everything I have seen on TS, this is one of the best problems to have (for the owner ), and those few ferraris in a row is one of the most impressive things I have seen. I love the 250s.

I love this superamerica. This color is so much better than the red (and occasional white) ones I have seen.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely, I still struggle to fathom the amount of cars he has. I've seen not even half!

I hope he keeps bringing these rare beauties into our country.

They are starting quite a few of the cars up for father's day. Should be quite an experience.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:37 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
Well, he is the CEO of most of all the luxury watch brands in the world and many more.

* Cartier - jewellery, watches, etc. French company, watches Swiss-made
* Van Cleef & Arpels - jewellery, watches, etc.
* Piaget - jewellery, watches
* Vacheron Constantin - Swiss watches
* A. Lange & Söhne - German watches
* Jaeger-LeCoultre - Swiss watches
* Officine Panerai - Swiss watches, Italian heritage
* International Watch Co - Swiss watches, American-founded
* Baume et Mercier - watches, Swiss-assembled, some outsourcing of components
* Montblanc - German writing instrument manufacturer
* Alfred Dunhill
* Lancel
* Chloé
* Roger Dubuis - Swiss watches
* James Purdey and Sons
* Montegrappa - Italian writing instrument manufacturer
* Shanghai Tang - Modern Chinese fashion store chain

All companies are fully owned subsidiaries. In addition to the above companies, Richemont has an 29.5% (as at March, 2008) investment in British American Tobacco; about 40% of the Richemont balance sheet is BAT ordinary shares.
F me sideways.....

Old 06-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
That is one insane collection. Love the Shell gas pump.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
must make a trip down there! such hot cars