Notices
Garage Forum Learn about Garage Flooring, Custom Cabinetry, Doors, Lifts, Wall Wraps & More.

Project Garage Condo Complete - Start to Finish in 4 posts.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
That is insane. I had no idea that even existed I have a bunch of family that lives in the twin cities area. Now if only you guys had a track to use right there.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thanks guys. AutoMotorplex is a cool hang out/storage for like-minded car folks.

Yeah, TTmotion, it would be double-awesome if there were a track. Unfortunately, that's not likely to happen very close to Minneapolis.

It's zoned commercial, so someone can't technically live there, but that won't keep us from hanging out there quite a bit - especially during the Cars & Cafe (coffee) events.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Your man cave truly looks amazing, Chris! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to photograph it last night and I look forward to coming back when you've got a few toys in there.

Guys, I've seen this thing in the flesh and it's incredible! It's the best I've seen yet at Auto MotorPlex. Chris is an awesome guy too.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent taste!

Old 02-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
Craddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great! Quick question though, why is there no fire barrier between the condos? Seems to me that if one person welding/working in their shop has a fire, it would be catastrophic, as it could just spread throughout the building instead of being contained.

Are you planning to put lifts in or just keep it as floor space? Again, looks amazing!

Old 02-26-2010, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Craddosk
Looks great! Quick question though, why is there no fire barrier between the condos? Seems to me that if one person welding/working in their shop has a fire, it would be catastrophic, as it could just spread throughout the building instead of being contained.

Are you planning to put lifts in or just keep it as floor space? Again, looks amazing!
Thanks. Walls are std. 2x6 studs, 5/8th rock and pink insulation.

Every unit has fire suppression. If you look at the pics closely, you can see the sprinkler heads/pipe (upstairs). To meet code, we had to run the sprinkler system under the mezzanine and in the closet at well.

Also, above the ceiling in the attic is a dry fire suppression system.

I have a scissor lift on-site now that I brought over from my house. The FFR cobra chassis will sit on that. I also special ordered a black Bend Pak HD-9XW four post that should arrive in a couple of weeks. I'm contemplating a 2 post as well, but I'm going to wait to see how the cars/4 post fit before ordering that.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
Great job, very tastefull and very functional. I love the car condo concept.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Thats an amazing job! Wow! MAN LAND!

Old 02-27-2010, 07:47 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Comprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud of
Love it.. very cool! I recognize some Room and Board furniture as well.. what treatment did they do to your floor? Polished concrete or is it epoxied? Now you need a large cigar humidor from Vigilant!!

Old 02-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to Teamspeed Chris. The garage looks fantastic! See you in about a month!
Great shots Alex.

Quick Reply: Project Garage Condo Complete - Start to Finish in 4 posts.