Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

The old girl sat for 3 years out in the weather

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura about
The old girl sat for 3 years out in the weather

I am ashamed to say this is my m3. I went through a few different phases over the last 3 years. I had a Dinan supercharger on it for a while then blew the head gasket(all before it sat). About 3 years ago I decided that I wanted 650whp and built the motor with forged bits, machining and parts and a gt35r kit. Decided to invest that money into my biz and sold the engine and turbo parts. Bought another engine and rebuilt it. Now the car is running again and it's time to straighten up the paint.

The clay was really ugly when I finished. After 3+ years of sitting, big surprise right?

Doing bits and parts of the detail when I have time.
Before:

I am doing my best but it has tons of pitting and rock chips.
50/50

Last edited by Jean-Claude; 11-17-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura about
More progress.

The front is off so I can polish up areas that are difficult to get easily otherwise.

Before

after

Removed side marker
before

after

Cleaned up the inside as well. This isn't really necessary. But with it off and as filthy as it was and clean at the paint now was I figured it couldn't hurt.

More to come as progress is made.