Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Buying my first airplane... A few questions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Make sure it has them flat long thingies on the side. The things that poke out.

Source : I'm a professional plane.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you all for the replies! After doing some research, I've decided to buy sometime early to mid winter, and around 3 years old.

I knew you guys would have good advice, thanks again. Pics to follow, sometime this winter!

Old 10-30-2012, 09:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Insman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the rough
Mine just sold, gonna miss her and good luck with your search.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Angel Ball is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Jetpilot718
Never thought I'd ever be starting this kind of thread but yeah! I'm looking into purchasing a new-ish (2007-2009) Cessna 172SP, one with the G1000 package because it charters easier. It will go on a flight school's certificate, so condition doesn't have to be "cream puff" status. That's why I'm not going with a brand new airframe.

I know the basics, like TBO, etc but what I'm wondering rather is the idiosyncracies, for example...

Is there a good time of the year to buy, or does that not matter as it would for say, an automobile?

Do I just scour the Trade-A-Plane website/magazine or is there a better way?

Those kind of questions. Basically, for those in this super small club, what was it like? Any mistakes you wish you didn't make, or advice for someone looking to buy for the first time?

Thanks in advance!
Don't you think about fractional ownership?