Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

iOS 7 thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
using my iPad 3 to test OS7 before I am doing the phone or iPad mini.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I am a fan so far. Much more aesthetically pleasing imo. Only thing I don't like is that Siri still sends all requests to Apple servers whereas Google Now can do simple stuff locally and only sends harder requests to its servers. Also, pop up players and buttons like the new video player, and things like the retweet button on Twitter seem to be distracting. Not a fan of the tempered glass look on every single button, but it does look nice on the Command Center and Notification Center.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
I like it. Very clean and I like the App switcher feature as well the paneling on Safari. I am sure over time I will learn more about what it's all about. But overall it looks like a home-run and makes the phone feel new. I also like the price. FREE!!!

Old 09-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
I like it. Very clean and I like the App switcher feature as well the paneling on Safari. I am sure over time I will learn more about what it's all about. But overall it looks like a home-run and makes the phone feel new. I also like the price. FREE!!!
+1

Originally Posted by Dave M
Anyone change there wallpaper with new software? None of my photos seem to fit like they did with old software, everything is zoomed in. Maybe a problem?
What you are refering to is not a problem, its actually one of the "new" features (parenthesis because Droid has had it, or something like it for a while). It's called Parallax Backroad and what it does is, if you notice as you tilt your phone, the picture moves over, as if to create an effect where you are looking through a pane of glass. You can turn it off by going into general settings and turning on "Reduce Motion" or, I believe, just zoom out when you are selecting a wallpaper.

Last edited by TheStigSC; 09-19-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Disclaimer as I didn't download yet but I have heard its basically an android copy. Nothing really new.

Is that true or just droid fanbois trolling?

Old 09-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
Disclaimer as I didn't download yet but I have heard its basically an android copy. Nothing really new.

Is that true or just droid fanbois trolling?
Well seeing as most of the features they are talking about are all stolen from iOS4 (or iOS5 can't remember), it's just them trolling. I'm not a fanboy of any kind, but I do find it funny that they (the Droid boyz) seem to forget that not only did Apple re-invent the mobile OS (they created the modern mobile OS), but that Google also stole many of their features for Android, and in turn also took some and perfected them, which I'm not denying.

It's not that crazy of an overhaul. It mostly aesthetic but adding Command Center and true multi-tasking is really helpful. And personally, I like the new look alot.

If they are calling it a droid copy as far as looks, I can maybe see where they are coming from from a lock screen perspective (because of the background and font) but other than that small amount, I'd say its nowhere close to looking like a droid copy.

Last edited by TheStigSC; 09-19-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Here are some pics for those who haven't seen it yet or who haven't had a good article with decent screenshots.

In chronological order:

Lock screen

Mid-swipe on lock screen to pass code

Pass code screen

Home screen

New notification center (swipe down from anywhere including lockscreen from top)

Control center (swipe up from anywhere including lockscreen from bottom)

Multi tasking (true multi tasking finally. Now grab the page and throw it upwards to force close)

And finally, new messaging screen. No keyboard changes other than appearance though.

Hope this helps. Just a basic look at commonly used functions, at least for me.

Attached Images         
Old 09-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
The iTunes Radio option just us availability is a big fail!!

Old 09-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Also allow me to show my least favorite part which is these buttons. I don't like the way they look at all. They are how most of the pop up buttons look in other applications and on Safari.

Originally Posted by exRockstar
The iTunes Radio option just us availability is a big fail!!
Gotta agree, although I think that is a Licensing issue with the record companies that Apple can't do anything about. Because they offer the full iTunes library on Radio.

Attached Images  

Last edited by TheStigSC; 09-19-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura about
I hear your security concerns about the fingerprint scanner(s), but I am a GOES traveler and have been finger printed for multiple jobs .. I go to sleep every night just assuming that anything I put onto any technology anywhere is already in the hands of people that I don't want.

Quick Reply: iOS 7 thoughts?