Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   All Things Apple (https://teamspeed.com/forums/all-things-apple/)
-   -   iOS 7 thoughts? (https://teamspeed.com/forums/all-things-apple/80902-ios-7-thoughts.html)

lqdbreakz 09-18-2013 05:17 PM

iOS 7 thoughts?

I know it's early, being that the new iOS was just released today. I wanted to see what other iPhone and iPad users think of the new software. After only using it for a few hours, I think that I have mixed emotions. What do you guys think?

TEFF 09-18-2013 06:15 PM

Installed it 2 hours again. Initially i didn't liked it, but now it's starting to grow on me.
iOS6 was more intuitive, at least this is my opinion.
iOS7 it's more nerd-style, but i like it.

All in all i feel it as a progress.

lqdbreakz 09-18-2013 06:40 PM

I agree with you about iOS6. I think that may be just because the interface basically stayed exactly the same from when the first iPhone was released. I think it will grow on me after a few weeks. One thing that is driving me nuts is that there isn't the option to "decline" calls anymore. Maybe I missed something.. Also, initially I think the new icons are a bit cheesy looking?

exRockstar 09-18-2013 08:32 PM

Agree.... Its growing....

slatett 09-18-2013 09:48 PM

Walt Mossberg did a good summary on Wall Street Journal today - overall he gave it a thumbs up .. for me - I hope the finger print scanner takes off - I just can't remember all these darn passwords ...

lqdbreakz 09-18-2013 10:44 PM

Slatett, I feel the same way. I hope that it takes off in a positive direction. However, I've read a lot of ridicule pertaining to that feature alone. A lot of reviews I have read, have said that it could end up screwing people in a multitude of ways. We all want to assume that Apple's R&D folks are on top of things.. While it may turn a page in tech for mobile device security, it may also kick them in the teeth... all of them.

quickZohsix 09-18-2013 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by slatett (Post 1441897)
Walt Mossberg did a good summary on Wall Street Journal today - overall he gave it a thumbs up .. for me - I hope the finger print scanner takes off - I just can't remember all these darn passwords ...

I worry about putting more and more information into devices the govt. has access too. I'm against the finger print scanners

bdeitemeyer 09-19-2013 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by quickZohsix (Post 1441903)
I worry about putting more and more information into devices the govt. has access too. I'm against the finger print scanners

Stop Worrying About the New iPhone's Fingerprint Scanner

Dave M 09-19-2013 12:55 AM

Anyone change there wallpaper with new software? None of my photos seem to fit like they did with old software, everything is zoomed in. Maybe a problem?

AstonMartine 09-19-2013 05:04 AM

I've already seen the Developer version a few weeks ago. It was so buggy I'm scared to download the finished version now.