Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Spied: 2013 Porsche 911 C4S at the ring!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by kabbanid
Is it going to be wider? or will it retain the same dimensions since the 991 is already wide?
Keep in mind the 991 NB isn't any wider than the 997 NB in total width. The only thing wider about the 991 is the front track (about an inch) whereas the rear width is the same.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
josef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to behold
I was last week with my dad at our local p-dealer to trade in our XKR convertible to order a C4 cabrio, if we will order one now we will get in may,june next year.... first ones will be at the dealers in 12.2012.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
After looking at these again, I think I figured out why it looks so odd: the rear wheels look like they're set too far in, giving the appearance that the rear quarter body panels are too large. Maybe if the wheels were set further out (15mm spacers?) then it would look better.

But what I want to see is a shot directly from the rear and compare that to a 991 C2...just how much wider does it appear from that angle?

Old 06-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
It looks somewhat awkward to me. Maybe it's the wheels, maybe it's the camera.
+1 was thinking the same exact thing.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Dubaian is on a distinguished roadDubaian is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Attached Images   
Old 06-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
You guys think it looks awkward, but personally I think this is one of the few times where it doesn't look awkward, but really good. Yellow paint, black side skirt, and the wide body really set it off.

The mock ups above me look great! Finally gives the 991 rear end some proportion. I tried one for my own.

Name:  porsche 911 4s 6.jpg
Views: 8497
Size:  242.1 KB

Old 06-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
chitosing is on a distinguished roadchitosing is on a distinguished road
def a wider body

Attached Images  
Old 06-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
rollin_bentley is an unknown quantity at this point
I want one!!!! Please!! All wheel drive is the way to go! I hope it comes with a 7spd stick!!

Last edited by rollin_bentley; 06-08-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Member
suhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished road
Ohh, can't wait for the 991 GTS now! Imagine that beefy wide body on a 2WD Carrera!

It can NEVER get too wide!

Old 06-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
porsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura about
Definitely a red reflector. Just had a close look at a prototype here in Germany. Above the reflector the prototypes have a painted metal piece but you can see the reflector underneeth from the side angle...

Quick Reply: Spied: 2013 Porsche 911 C4S at the ring!