Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Service Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
What causes the scheduled maintenance on the 430 to cost more over time though?

Old 03-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I would like to know that too. Also, why is a brake job soo expensive. I have cabon ceramic brakes on my gt2, not nearly as pricey

Old 03-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
What causes the scheduled maintenance on the 430 to cost more over time though?
I wish I was better at explaining this type of thing but I am no mechanic.

Also, I only have a standard 360 and only have "book smarts" on an F430 and CS.

h20Skier owns both cars and can speak on this definitively.

I defer to him.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I was looking into buying either a 360 Stradale or a 430 Scuderia. If the costs are as high as you guys are saying im not sure. I feel its crazy comparing to a Porsche. I get the whole Ferrari experience at that cost not sure if I would be happy

Old 03-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Steven997GT2
I was looking into buying either a 360 Stradale or a 430 Scuderia. If the costs are as high as you guys are saying im not sure. I feel its crazy comparing to a Porsche. I get the whole Ferrari experience at that cost not sure if I would be happy
If you are already feeling that way, then Ferrari is probably not for you.

I am with the other Ferrari owners who admit that the maintenance issues are not nearly as bad as folks say.

But it is a handmade car that will have issues. And correcting them won't be cheap.

If you don't have a real passion for the marque - and you are already questioning whether or not you will be happy with the maintenance costs - then it likely isn't for you.

A Porsche GT car or an Audi R8 may be a better fit.

Good luck with your search!

Old 03-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
I have heard the 360's have belts and the 430's have chain...therefore the 430's are much less expensive to work on. The diecast models of both that I can afford are pretty much equal in overall service costs.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Are you guys specifically NOT putting $$ in the post or do you just not know?

What's a 20k service cost on a 360? I had a client tell me approx. $19,000. What's the 20k service cost on a 430?

Old 03-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Are you guys specifically NOT putting $$ in the post or do you just not know?

What's a 20k service cost on a 360? I had a client tell me approx. $19,000. What's the 20k service cost on a 430?
That's insane Chris.

The major services come at 15K and 30K or every two years.

My 15K major cost about $4,000 from my private mechanic.

I have NEVER heard of $20,000 for a routine service on a 360.

Last edited by Barrister; 03-16-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Steven997GT2
Does anyone know which car would require less service or would have be less expensive to service. A 2004 360 Stradale or a 2008 430 Scuderia. I have heard Ferrari's in general are more expensive than a Porsche.
A Challenge Stradale requires a Belt Service every 3 years. Most sell about every three years to avoid this. You can get this done for as cheap as $2800 and upwards of $5000 depending on which shop you go to and if you want it done correctly. Typical shops will quote it cheap and slip the timing belt on from above but the car does not get timed properly when it's done the cheaper way.

A Scud will cost you 1100 a year for fluid/oil changes.

A general rule I would use is $3k a year maint for either on the 360's or 430's this way you have no surprises when you go in for an oil change and they need to replace a $2k part.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by h20skier
A Challenge Stradale requires a Belt Service every 3 years. Most sell about every three years to avoid this. You can get this done for as cheap as $2800 and upwards of $5000 depending on which shop you go to and if you want it done correctly. Typical shops will quote it cheap and slip the timing belt on from above but the car does not get timed properly when it's done the cheaper way.

A Scud will cost you 1100 a year for fluid/oil changes.

A general rule I would use is $3k a year maint for either on the 360's or 430's this way you have no surprises when you go in for an oil change and they need to replace a $2k part.
You see. Wit and Wisdom prevails.

Quick Reply: Service Questions