Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   The Watch Forum (https://teamspeed.com/forums/watch-forum/)
-   -   Chopard (https://teamspeed.com/forums/watch-forum/17259-chopard.html)

bkagan 01-26-2009 01:22 PM

Chopard

Is this a good deal, I can't seem to find this model anywhere else.

TimeZone: Sales Corner: Futher REDUCED !!! MINTY CHOPARD MILLE MIGLIA GRAN TURISMO XL – LNIB

Thanks

SLC4S 01-26-2009 01:24 PM

Not sure but its a great watch...

jox 01-26-2009 02:43 PM

Hmm, not a steal. I bought my black faced GTXL new for ~$3500. And I'm curious why he would rate it at 98% after just "trying it on at home"?!

Edit: On second though, this may be more different than just a white dial. Is this a special edition? Mine's water resistant down to just 50m (it says 100 in the papers on that pic) and mine has a see-through back and that one has a map of Northern Italy?

SLC4S 01-26-2009 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by jox (Post 225470)
Hmm, not a steal. I bought my black faced GTXL new for ~$3500. And I'm curious why he would rate it at 98% after just "trying it on at home"?!

Edit: On second though, this may be more different than just a white dial. Is this a special edition? Mine's water resistant down to just 50m (it says 100 in the papers on that pic) and mine has a see-through back and that one has a map of Northern Italy?

maybe its the special FAKE edition?

jox 01-26-2009 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by SLC4S (Post 225472)
maybe its the special FAKE edition?

Well, he does have the Choppie tire pressure gauge you get with it - if there are knock-offs of THAT I am seriously scared!

Alzilla 01-26-2009 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by jox (Post 225470)

Jox, is yours the Mille Miglia version? I think that this watch may be a special edition meant to honor the Mille Miglia which would explain the map on the back and slight variation of features.

jox 01-26-2009 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Alzilla (Post 225475)
Jox, is yours the Mille Miglia version? I think that this watch may be a special edition meant to honor the Mille Miglia which would explain the map on the back and slight variation of features.

Yep, all Chopards with that style are called "Mille Miglia Gran Turismo XL". There's no way this is a fake though, I'm just wondering why I can't find any info on it. I just find mine everywhere I look.

One thing's for sure though, the GTXLs haven't been sold at MSRP for years.

Maybe Dana knows more, he also has one. But being a lawyer, his is obviously much fancier than mine . . .

Alzilla 01-26-2009 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by jox (Post 225478)
Maybe Dana knows more, he also has one. But being a lawyer, his is obviously much fancier than mine . . .

:lol::lol::lol:

Either way, it's one of my favorite watches. Heck, I'd buy one just for the cool tire pressure gauge if I could!

slavik 01-26-2009 09:07 PM

jox, is yours the power reserve gtxl? if so that would explain why you have the skeleton back like me....

bkagan 01-27-2009 08:45 AM

But the issue is i cant find another one like it anywhere else, and that concerns me.
If anyone has any info on this model please let me know

I would get a black one but I hear anything Jox owns is not fit for a straight man :(