Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Supercars (https://teamspeed.com/forums/supercars/)
-   -   Pagani is at it again (https://teamspeed.com/forums/supercars/80896-pagani-again.html)

GuessWho 10-21-2013 04:30 PM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw...i6tmo1_500.gif

Peloton25 10-21-2013 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by D55L (Post 1444380)
And I'm not a Huayra fan by any means and think that it is not standing up against competition and price is just simply ridiculous.

What is the price of a Huayra now? Ball park is fine as I understand that you can run up the price considerably with customization - true of most of these cars.

>8^)
ER

La Artist 10-21-2013 07:52 PM

^1.1 million euro

And to the one that thought its a ridiculous price.

If the Zonda is anything to go by, well then i guess Pagani is your safest investment.

Damn things doubled in price, while CGTs halved and Kseggs just stand on the lots.

If anyone from the last round of hyper cars have any value its Enzo and Zonda.

CGT,Eggs,SLRs and what nots are worth a fraction of the starting price.

Horacio Pagani himself picked up a CGT for his private collection for 280K Euro, while the Zondas are around 650-1 million depending on type;)

Chris from Cali 10-21-2013 08:54 PM

Jeez... I'm so glad I do my 5,000 track miles a year on my Zonda (with NO sticker!).

streetrod454 10-22-2013 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Peloton25 (Post 1444397)
What is the price of a Huayra now? Ball park is fine as I understand that you can run up the price considerably with customization - true of most of these cars.

>8^)
ER

To those stating that the price is silly, can I ask you this, are you in the market for such a car? If so then you have the net worth to afford one and the choice of a number of other cars at this price point.

The fact is these cars are selling, with current delivery times exceeding two years if you ordered today.

Pagani's order book is healthy enough to finance a new factory and custom built showroom so I suspect the pricing is right.

Dynamically the Huayra does not compete with the latest hybrids but that does not seem to concerns buyers. They are likely to be able to afford one of the others if they want one.

Personally I feel the Huayra sits in a market of one. It has no real competitors, even the Agera is a completely different car.

In the next year or so we can expect the new Roadster then probably an even faster F model. Variations of this car will be around for at least ten years.

So as outrageous as the price may seem to us mere mortals, these cars are selling. Pagani is in a very good place at the moment

Peloton25 10-22-2013 12:13 PM

All those words of acclaim and you didn't come close to answering the question. See streetrod, I was right about you. :D

Now you'll be mad at me again... :( ;)

>8^)
ER

D55L 10-22-2013 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by streetrod454 (Post 1444449)
To those stating that the price is silly, can I ask you this, are you in the market for such a car? If so then you have the net worth to afford one and the choice of a number of other cars at this price point

I don't have to be in the market for something to have my own opinion on things, ability to express them and discuss them with fellow petrolheads.

Time will tell, I for one wouldn't take a Zonda success repeat for granted this time. Zonda was a timeless beauty, while here design is debatable to say at least and to add more - during all tests of those times Zonda, especially in the F version was able to stand against competition and even beat them, this time it is pretty much impossible.

And as I said - I have absolutely no hate, but only respect for Pagani and would be more than happy if they'll be enjoying only success with Huayra and its future variants.

And I really can't wait for more Huayra versions to come, especially Roadster.

Originally Posted by Peloton25 (Post 1444481)
All those words of acclaim and you didn't come close to answering the question

There was a link to the price list, but link doesn't seem to work now for some reason.

The price is about EUR 1M plus various options like bare CF body for EUR 100K and few more pricey bits.

As far as I remember one of the US spec builds features $1.45M price.

La Artist 10-22-2013 01:29 PM

I just gave you all the price..

And really D55L?

The huayras for sale right now goes for 1.6 million euro immediate delivery.
And i admit that it might be due to the long waiting list, but somehow i feel it will hold its value.
You say that the Zonda was a timeless beauty, you should only know what kind of crap people had to say about the looks of the zonda initially, it was FAAAR worse than what they say about the huayra, but as time passed and fools started to recognize, and other versions of the Zonda came out, it went down in history as a time less beauty indeed, but was it that out of the gate?.. Certainly not!

Then you go on to say that you find it impossible for them to beat the competition, same was said when the CGT and Enzo came along and there was only the 500 something HP Zonda S.. Its a murcielago level of car, it can't hang with the big boys.
Now we all know who dominated that last round of hypercar performance.

The Huayra is made by the same people, plus a good decade of more experience, do not be surprised if the Huayra in its later forms end up eating them all, as the p1,918 and Lafer, is what they are today, and thats where they will end.

D55L 10-22-2013 01:36 PM

When there're only 20 or so cars produced in two years its too early to sum up the market as one or two cars to hit it will be snapped by some wealthy buyers who don't want to wait.

As I said time will tell and I'll be more than happy if the truth will be on your side.

streetrod454 10-22-2013 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Peloton25 (Post 1444481)
All those words of acclaim and you didn't come close to answering the question. See streetrod, I was right about you. :D

Now you'll be mad at me again... :( ;)

>8^)
ER

I'm sorry but I thought the price had already been stated a while back. My apologies