Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Supercars (https://teamspeed.com/forums/supercars/)
-   -   Pagani is at it again (https://teamspeed.com/forums/supercars/80896-pagani-again.html)

La Artist 10-20-2013 04:59 PM

the sticker is surely a temporary solution, a customer car will have a proper plate..like the phoney one..

So discussing the sticker further is pointless.

Peloton25 10-20-2013 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by La Artist (Post 1444296)
the sticker is surely a temporary solution, a customer car will have a proper plate..like the phoney one.

I agree - the sticker is 'damage control'.

So discussing the sticker further is pointless.
Not necessarily true. Is the sticker factual? It says the car conforms to all US regulations, so does it? We wouldn't need to ask this question if the first data plate hadn't said it conforms with specific exemptions. Inquiring minds want to know...

>8^)
ER

La Artist 10-20-2013 05:34 PM

^ Of course i meant that discussing the fact that it IS a sticker is useless.
Now discussing what the sticker says is surely not.

So lets keep to the topic here, its the information on the sticker/plate and its validity that is under the microscope.

Not the fact that it IS a sticker, nor the discussions on the quality and performance of Pagani cars.

997carrerasblk06 10-20-2013 08:03 PM

That is the only car in north America.....that is why it has a sticker. End of sorry

Sent from my SPH-L710 using teamspeed

Moving Chicane 10-20-2013 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06 (Post 1444304)
That is the only car in north America....

False.

D55L 10-21-2013 04:20 AM

At this moment this is the only Huayra in the States, not sold and will not be sold any time soon.

This sticker, be it ugly or not, confirms that I have told few weeks ago about Pagani finally got the full US certification and now is absolutely road legal.

Two cars are completed by now and will be delivered to California dealer, few more will enter the assembly process before end of the year.

997carrerasblk06 10-21-2013 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Moving Chicane (Post 1444306)
False.

True, this car also has over 7k miles on the clock. The other car that ess in the states was in the states it's a customer's car that was transported temporarily but not street legal yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using teamspeed

mattjs33 10-21-2013 02:22 PM

Again, I want to stress that this is not a commentary on the Huayra itself or its manner of contstruction. I've said earlier that I think this particular Huayra is stunning. I've also never brought into question the craftsmanship of any Pagani car. However, I don't feel that admiring the details of one in person (as much as I might like the opportunity) would have any relevance to this case. For the record I also fail to see what possible difference how many Huayras are in the country currently has to what the data plate/label is made of.

I understand that there are people who might not want to think there has been any untoward actions by Pagani in this instance. I have stated repeatedly that no one can be certain what could have led to the first data plate having been worded as it was. On three occasions I have contacted Pagani for clarification on this matter, without success.

But there is no one who is going to convince me that the hasty removal and replacement of the data plate as discussed, has nothing to do with the questions I have raised here.

There is no one who is going to convince me that the sticker we see on this car now was ever in Pagani's intial plan for this car, had I not brought attention to the errors in the first plate.

It has been stated that the present data sticker is temporary, and I agree 100%. I'm fairly certain that this was not done just to appease me. I have to assume that someone placed a very high importance on getting the wording of the plate correct in as judicious a manner as possible. That alone tells me that there was an "oh sh*t" moment at Pagani when this topic first surfaced. So for anyone to suggest that the issues I've presented here don't matter to some high level people is incredibly naive.

I also think that whether this car is a demo unit or not is inconsequential. Somebody important assured that the work was to be carried out on this car. So clearly it matters.

The first plate was removed in such a manner that the bolt heads are still in the door jamb (see how the label overlays them). The sticker was applied in a manner nowhere near befitting the quality of typical Pagani practice (see the air bubbles). That shows you this work was carried out as quickly as possible with little regard to the appearance of the results. I assure you that the directive to do this came from Pagani themselves. I assure you that there are people at Miller Motors who are intimately aware of how and why it was done, because the work was carried out while the car was in their custody.

As D55L says, the car is now compliant, by the sole reason that it is now affixed with a label that says it is. It sounds crazy but that's how it works. I would place a bet though that absolutely nothing about the car has changed since it appeared with the first plate and now. The question that might be asked by certain authorities after all of this is whether it actually is compliant or not.

I don't know, nor do I much care, whether it is or not. I don't know, nor do I much care, whether the plate was wrong deliberately for a purpose. But maybe the fact that absolutely NO ONE is commenting on the matter, is reason enough to keep asking.

A car gets displayed with a data plate containing blatant mistruths. When it is questioned publicly, it is removed and replaced with an obvious temporary solution. To suggest that this was the way Pagani intended it to happen all along, is asinine.

There's a story here folks. One that just happens to impact the legal importation of Huayras to the United States. If you think it doesn't matter, or you just don't care, then feel free not to read the thread. I'm sure there's a thread on the latest sticker and paint package comprising the 54th Gallardo variant to read, if it makes you feel better.

But I get it. Pagani messed up, but I'm the moron for noticing. Keep your head in the sand.

D55L 10-21-2013 02:49 PM

I never called you a moron and actually I really appreciate that you just pointed out at what happened.

BTW, when I mentioned that Huayra now being compliant it wasn't because of me seeing the pic and doing an easy math.

I have heard such info about a month ago and now seeing two US spec car rolling out of production line it's really hard to think otherwise, but I'm not insisting that info was an absolute truth.

And I'm not a Huayra fan by any means and think that it is not standing up against competition and price is just simply ridiculous.

exRockstar 10-21-2013 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by D55L (Post 1444380)
And I'm not a Huayra fan by any means and think that it is not standing up against competition and price is just simply ridiculous.

Absolutly true!