Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Supercars (https://teamspeed.com/forums/supercars/)
-   -   Zonda in US? (https://teamspeed.com/forums/supercars/49001-zonda-us.html)

20C4S 10-18-2010 03:27 AM

Zonda in US?

any lead to possibly bring a Zonda into US. don't want to go through the federalization process since it'll not get driven on pubic road. have dealer plate. what's involved?

let's brain storm. :D

bitz49 10-18-2010 03:44 AM

arling let me know when u are getting yours, im down for the groupbuy

streetrod454 10-18-2010 05:03 AM

As an American you cannot legally import a Zonda to the US to use on the road. If the car is being used only on a race track then you are in a much better position. I am not sure what the legal ramifications are for running one on dealer plates but I suspect you would not be able to do it for long before the law decided to take you to one side for a chat.

Read this. It outlines what you can and cannot do:

Importing a Motor Vehicle - CBP.gov

Brobbins016 10-18-2010 10:33 AM

Sorry streetrod, you are incorrect. Look in to the show and display law as know as the "Ralph Lauren law". You are able to have a vehicle not DOT or EPA approved in the US legally as long as you do not drive more than 5,000 miles anually on open roadways. This is how all the 959's are in the LA area. There are TWO! Porsche GT1's in the Chicagoland area. It stipulates the vehicle was not ever specified as a US market car, which the Pagani was not. Good luck with the purchase!

U-Boat Commander 10-18-2010 12:56 PM

Arling: Call these guys. To my understanding, they are one of the leading firms in the US who have experience in Show and Display law imports.

Vehicle Imports and Emission Testing

Alex12de 10-18-2010 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by 20C4S (Post 737469)
any lead to possibly bring a Zonda into US. don't want to go through the federalization process since it'll not get driven on pubic road. have dealer plate. what's involved?

let's brain storm. :D

What Pagani ,model are you talking about???

20C4S 10-18-2010 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Alex12de (Post 737845)
What Pagani ,model are you talking about???

Zonda Roadster F C12 7.3 Clubsport.

that could change depends on the search.

i was told the R can be imported as track car for track use. saw the car in LA few months ago as display. i don't know what's involved to bring that car in but certainly not looking for the extensive service for the R.

anyone know the possible owner in Malibu? i thought awhile back reading about there's an existing car in LA.

20C4S 10-18-2010 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by U-Boat Commander (Post 737727)
Arling: Call these guys. To my understanding, they are one of the leading firms in the US who have experience in Show and Display law imports.

Vehicle Imports and Emission Testing

that's the only way as i believed.

under show & display the car doesn't require to meet the DOT requirement but still have to meet the EPA standard. i'll give them a call.

thanks UBC.

smy266 10-18-2010 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by 20C4S (Post 737856)
Zonda Roadster F C12 7.3 Clubsport.

that could change depends on the search.

i was told the R can be imported as track car for track use. saw the car in LA few months ago as display. i don't know what's involved to bring that car in but certainly not looking for the extensive service for the R.

anyone know the possible owner in Malibu? i thought awhile back reading about there's an existing car in LA.

There is one in LA. It's yellow. I don't have any details about it though.

gmaccormack 10-18-2010 03:42 PM

Here's on for sale on jameslist and it's located in la. The ad says it's a R clubsport but from the picks of the back it appears to be a F