Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Let's Make Our Beloved Pit Stop Even Better!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Let's Make Our Beloved Pit Stop Even Better!

Pit Stop Faithful and Newbies Alike!

I just wanted to write a quick note here about our beloved Pit Stop.

This year, we have seen some really great changes in the both the quality of content and the level of member participation here in the Pit Stop. It is very exciting! I have been checking in on the ferrarichat.com racing forums (particularly their F1 forum) and have noticed a steep decline while we keep getting better and better. We are really gaining on them. It is great to see. Much of the credit for the recent success of the Pit Stop has to be given to its moderator - like.no.other. His constant input of quality content is very much appreciated.

I would like to see the Pit Stop get even better! So I have a few suggestions.

1. Visit the Pit Stop Directly. Always make visiting the Pit Stop directly part of your visit to TeamSpeed as a whole. Most people who visit TeamSpeed go directly to the New Posts section and don't read past the first page. If you do this and don't visit the Pit Stop directly, you are likely to miss a lot of content. The Pit Stop topics are - unfortunately - not as popular as the bash Obama threads or the threads speculating about Jox's sexuality (I love you Jox!). As a result, our threads get pushed off of the New Posts first page pretty quickly. So, in order to stay up to date on the Pit Stop, be sure to click on it directly and look through the posts. You will be glad you did.

2. Note the Stickies. I have made a few threads in the Pit Stop stickies. These threads are those that cover broad topics that should receive a lot of views and updated content. Most members and guests are not used to looking at the stickies for actual content since they are most often used for forum rules, posting guidelines, etc. - like this one! In the Pit Stop, however, I use the stickies for - what should be - our most popular and recurring topics. When you visit the Pit Stop, you should look at the stickies first for the most recent and popular content.

3. It's Not All About F1. I am an F1 racing fanatic and when the F1 season is in full effect I can get tunnel vusion and exclude other racing topics. This is a bad thing. Last weekend I attended the ALMS race at Long Beach and it was great. This made me realize how much more there is to racing than F1. We should be seeing posts on Moto GP, NASCAR, Rally, IRL, Le Mans, ALMS, Indy and more. Please don't anyone start to think that this is an F1 only forum. It should be about all types of racing. To keep things neat and organized, however, it is a good idea to preface the title of your thread with the type of racing you are posting about. For example, I always start my threads with "F1 -" or "NASCAR - ". That way those who visit can quickly and easily move to the type of racing they want to read about.

4. Contribute! This is the most important part of making the Pit Stop a bigger and better place. So many of you have tremendously bright and interesting insight into the world of racing - even you Tifosi. Some are even lucky enough to be involved directly with racing circuits around the world. Be sure to share your insights with us. Always post any news, commentary or opinions that you find. It is likely that we will all be interested. Be sure to add your perspective to any news that you post. Start up the discussion and others will join. Plus, always chip in on other member's posts. Say what you really think and feel. Unlike topics that involve sensative issues like religion and politics, you can pretty much say anything you want about a rival racing outfit without making anyone too angry. That is the beauty of visiting the Pit Stop - it is all just good old fashioned fun. Just stay away from Lewis Hamilton!

These are just a few ideas about how we can make our little corner of TeamSpeed better. Please post your ideas, kudos and criticisms below. I am very interested to read them and use the information to improve the Pit Stop.

Soon, we might even catch up to those odd ducks in The Nice Thread and those champions of indecipherable posts - those wacky Sweedish Teamspeeders!

Thanks,

Dana

Last edited by Barrister; 04-22-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
I am staying home to watch the race this year, although i usually go to the race... this is how great the Pit-stop guys

Barrister, thanks for your involvement n developing this even more..

Lewis is gay

Old 04-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond repute
Good effort dana. Though it might be pretty hard to convince everyone to visit the pit stop section everyday. So what Im suggesting is like a section of all the new threads for each day. Or extending the new posts section to keep record of all day activity. Because some of us might not be able to drop by every hour or so. Thanks anyways.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
The only reason to why there's a lot more action going on this year is that there actually is something to discuss. The diffusers, BRAWN GP, Virgin, USF1 etc. Preciously it has always been "In which order will ferrari and mclaren finish?". I do want to thank you for all the time and effort you're putting into it. Although I feel that you have to read 25+ pages a day to keep up with some of you and thats why I just lurk more or less.

Btw Bonita, I second that.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mayoof
Good effort dana. Though it might be pretty hard to convince everyone to visit the pit stop section everyday. So what Im suggesting is like a section of all the new threads for each day. Or extending the new posts section to keep record of all day activity. Because some of us might not be able to drop by every hour or so. Thanks anyways.
I'm seriously questioning your credentials as a race fan . . . .

Old 04-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by strebo
The only reason to why there's a lot more action going on this year is that there actually is something to discuss. The diffusers, BRAWN GP, Virgin, USF1 etc. Preciously it has always been "In which order will ferrari and mclaren finish?". I do want to thank you for all the time and effort you're putting into it. Although I feel that you have to read 25+ pages a day to keep up with some of you and thats why I just lurk more or less.

Btw Bonita, I second that.
You mean it's not because of my good looks and stunning personality??

Old 04-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
You mean it's not because of my good looks and stunning personality??
No.....but your stunning looks and good personality

Old 04-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I can accept that.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
i've never used the new post thing you are talking about, not really sure what it is...

also, i will NOT become a nascar fan. there are somethings i simply cannot do.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:54 PM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
no no.... it IS all about F1 Dana

Quick Reply: Let's Make Our Beloved Pit Stop Even Better!