Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   GT (https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/)
-   -   GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread! (https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/47646-gt3rs-4-0-limited-edition-official-information-thread.html)

NelsonF 09-20-2010 11:01 PM

RJ,

You are a better man than I with the perspective you've outlined. would have thought most new .2 3RS owners would be peeved, but you've laid out some good points- especially since it's all just rumor mill material for now. I too would like them to build a more capable car, just thought I had properly anticipated the final 997 GT3 version. Hopefully, I won't be fooled so easily next time. I'm glad you're enjoying your RS. I selected the same color scheme.

rjmontoya 09-20-2010 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by NelsonF (Post 716173)
RJ,

You are a better man than I with the perspective you've outlined. would have thought most new .2 3RS owners would be peeved, but you've laid out some good points- especially since it's all just rumor mill material for now. I too would like them to build a more capable car, just thought I had properly anticipated the final 997 GT3 version. Hopefully, I won't be fooled so easily next time. I'm glad you're enjoying your RS. I selected the same color scheme.

I understand how you feel! But we are both lucky, enjoy your RS in the best of health. Make sure to post pics when you get it!

NelsonF 09-21-2010 12:11 AM

Will do. BTW, noted you were from the P.I. I was born in Subic when the base was still there.

rjmontoya 09-21-2010 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by NelsonF (Post 716221)
Will do. BTW, noted you were from the P.I. I was born in Subic when the base was still there.

I was born in LA but both my parents are from Manila. I'm going back there in April for my sister's wedding, so I'm very excited!

andyt 09-21-2010 05:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
With all the R&D Porsche have invested in the GT3 R Hybrid/KERS it could make sense to introduce the KERS system into the current GT3RS and to satisfy current RS.2 owners, introduce a KERS package that can be retrofitted to the current RS.

Either that or Porsche would have to wait 3 or 4 years until the 998/991 RS is launched with KERS and that could be to far away for P to stay ahead of the game in KERS tech.

Could this be retrofitted to the current RS?

B7R 09-21-2010 06:03 AM

very good point .... :golfclap:

Carrera 09-21-2010 07:14 AM

This thread isn't even about the RS anymore. It's about whether people would buy it. You all know you'd be tempted. ;)

RaceDeck 09-21-2010 09:06 AM

Wow!! this is quite the thread -
With having a new GT3 RS on order I too am a bit annoyed, but I am not sure I would fight ( aka pay over msrp) to get a LE. From what I know about most of the manufacturer's, they do read the forums and sometimes make decisions based on what they hear from their most loyal customers..( sometimes).
I have a Ford GT and it was similair thing happened towards the end of the run, when people thought it was all over, they came out with a limited number of Gulf Series models and On my Z8 they came out with a final "Alpine" Series after most thought the run was over.
If Porsche really wants to make this car it should have it's own limited series outside of the current GT3 series..Then again I am a new Porsche guy, so what do I know :dizzy:

GT3MNL 09-21-2010 09:18 AM

I just came from our dealer and they did confirm that there will be a GT3RS Limited Edition. They say it will be priced between the GT3RS and GT2RS. Closer to the GT2RS though and possibly more expensive. I mentioned the reaction of current GT3RS owners and they said these "Limited Runs" are aimed to compete with the aftermarket tuners who modify Porsches and sell them at double the price because of the exclusivity. If aftermarket tuners can put on special body kits, engine upgrades and exclusive interior trims, then sell these upgrades for the same amount as the standard car it is based, then Porsche can do the same and better( it comes with warranty).They started this with the Sport Classic then the new Speedster now the GT3RS "LE". These cars are also marketed more for the collectors than avid users. So they will mostly be sitting in a garage and being pampered than being enjoyed on a track. They all come with hefty price tags as well which collectors apparently don't mind.

I think most GT3 and GT3RS owners enjoy their cars because of how they perform rather than it just being part of a collection. But for collectors, these "Limited Runs" are a must have. I don't think current GT3RS need to feel bad because their cars are priced to be used and played with. The GT3RS "LE" will be priced to be kept and pampered in a collection.

BTW 997 Sport Classic numbers 8, 88 , 168, and 250 are here in the Philippines!

nizer 09-21-2010 09:25 AM

500hp 4.0L stroker RS with more top and bottom end grunt, solid suspension, and some lighter CF/Alu bits...maybe even better color choices to boot?!? That'd be an insane track toy and I'd be all over it.

As for residual values, P-cars will never be bubble wrappers. Best to drive them into the ground, which thankfully takes a good long time.